Sunday, January 22, 2012

Just what we (I) needed.....

Just as I had planned, and wished for...nothing...absolutely nothing planned this weekend. Bill asked me out for a Friday dinner date. Of course...I could never resist.
He arrived with a beautiful dozen...and the cutest card ever. Thanking Mama for such a party...funny, I never expected a "Thank you"....but flowers and especially cards...always melt me. He caught me off guard sitting at my computer...while Kali watched from a distance...which melts me even more....Just the thought of her watching a surprise filled with LOVE...makes it all that much better.....I took a close up of this beautiful red rose....just because.
With a weekend of NOTHING planned...just cuddled up kitties, tucked away in their favorite basket...basking in the sunshine that peeked in after the rain...Kali studying for Finals....while I prepared an enormous healthy breakfast for my little fam bam. These are the weekends....that I yearn for when things are wild and crazy.... (Miss. Hannah above...Kali's sweet girl...loves Kali with every part of her little soul)
Isn't this the truth to read? Sunday's can become a little eye opening for those that have busy hectic weeks. I remind myself, life is good. I cleaned out 2 closets today. 2 drawers...I created a craft section for gift wrap..and re-organized our school study section...etc. I prepared my dinners for the next few days..and laid out recipes for a new one....all laundry done...Soccer world packed and ready for an away game tomorrow....and the rain....Meanwhile I listen to the ever popular football game in the background. I don't know what it is about Football...it's rather boring to me, but when the playoff's roll around..I like to hear the rumble. I like the commercials and the "National Anthem" being sung. It's something about the USA. It's something about those fans so excited for their team. Safe travels to everyone this week. Be kind. Be true. Never litter. Work hard, to play harder. Muah!

No comments: