Tuesday, January 17, 2012

You are so beautiful to...."Me".....

Well...most of you know I have had a busy season... Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Bill's Birthday and Soccer (and lots of it...). Yes, lots of planning. Last week I came down with the flu. It knocked me down pretty hard, and with so much planning for a party...I rallied, I had to. Sunday I pretty much had a wonderful breakfast with Bill, and headed home to lay on my lovely bed. Yesterday morning we awoke at the lovely hour of 5:30am to depart to a tournament check in 6:45am. We played 2 games, and won the entire tournament. Talk about excitement. More pics to follow...later. This morning I woke up, with a darker cloud over my head. I've always been the optimistic one. The one to keep my little family up and at it. Thinking positive, with prayer and faith, I move ahead. Always have. Well....there is just this cloud. I log into my computer this morning in my lovely office world. And there is an email from my cousin Mindi. It say's "Our Dad's". I open this picture and immediately...uh oh...TEARS! Why? I ask myself, why?

Well...I think it's because I miss him. I miss them. I often wish I could just walk into my parents house during these moments of exhaustion, or fear. Sit with my strong Dad...and just sit there. They both live far up the trails of California. One might wonder....well..GO SEE HIM (THEM)....My life is much busier than theirs. I will get there. I miss him. My dad taught me the value of hardwork. He taught me to be a good girl. To respect nature and all that comes from the Earth. To be kind to animals, and elderly. To be strong. And ohhh let me tell you....I've had no other choice since a very young age. He taught me how to fish...although you probably will never catch me with a hook or line in my hand.

So...I sat here staring at this picture. Two brothers. The oldest and the youngest. My younger cousin sending a picture that reads..."Our Dads"- She caught them quickly and knew to send to me.

I miss you Dad. I miss you Uncle Wade. Thank you Mindi for sending me this LOVE today. I certainly needed it. Maybe I am just wiped out...I know you've all known the feeling. It sucks to be on top of the world one day...and walking around so low the next. But I always pull through. Always. I am me! I have a gazillion pictures to post. Fun ones, silly ones, and happy moments.
Happy Tuesday everyone. 2 games this week, meetings, and pasta parties....Anything is possible. And I am thankful to be alive. And healthy.

No comments: