Sunday, January 8, 2012

Winter Formal...Time is flying....2012....

As I started my quest in blogging this morning...I add to each folder. Each season, each year. I came across this picture of Kali. 5 years old. Dressing for my cousins wedding as a flower girl.
The sweet 5 year old. Never imagining the day would come so quick for prepping my sweet pea for Winter Formal in High School...
After Friday nail appointments, and all the purchasing of "goodies" needed for their fun night...first stop Hair. 11am.
Esmeralda does my hair. She was happy to get our girl ready...
On to the MAC counter in Nordy.
Kelly and Kali planned their appts for same time.
While she was getting her makeup done, I snuck upstairs to grab some little bootie socks for her to wear while at the dance...but instead only ended up with this cute necklace. I snuck it inside of her cute handbag..with a note "May you find LOVE and PEACE on this exciting night...always be a lady and have fun!".
First stop was to Kelly's. (This year Mackenzie didn't go. It felt incredibly strange without her there. These girls never part. Even looking at pictures today... Mac is missing in them all...)
K & K
Silly...K & K...
On to the park...Gianni waiting there. I stated earlier in the day..."I don't know who's more excited..Mommy or Kali". I think it was me. I actually had butterflies in my tummy when we parked to meet them. As I approached with Kali...There stood Gianni. A true Gentleman. There is something about this guy. He is awesome. His mom is awesome. He presented flowers to me. Of course I teared up...and got the LOOK from Kali. What a guy. Manners beyond what we see these days. I love it.
Ok..Mom...how do we do this? Which arm? Which side of chest....LOL
My baby.
Here we go..
Oh my gosh so cute!
ADORABLE. Gianni & Kali....2012 Winter Formal
Baseball player...with his soccer player...
Love him!


The perfect sunset to catch these guys...

KK and Kali....Kaitlyn and Kali have been friends since our Los Al United Club Soccer team. I am good friends with Maria...her mama.
The GUYS....Note to half that wore tenny's. So cool.

The beautiful.

Haaaeeeyyyy!

So many parents...so many cameras.....

Are we having fun yet?





Of course Mama had to sneak in for one.
Allie, Kelly, Megan, and Kali

On to the playground. Just watching them climb the stairs with their heels. So funny. Don't think they'll play on these things again until they become parents someday....





Tristan and Kali
Maria and Bert hosted the first stop for the kids before pictures....
On to the Keller home. The Kellers hosted dinner. The perfect spot in their living room. Hosting 36 kids. So awesome. So well planned and organized. I was ABLE to stop by with Maria to bring Kali's I.D. And....snap a couple shots. HAHAHAA!



Yo! There's that mamarazzi again! haha!
The limo bus just arrived. Roundin' em up!



Outside on walkway...waiting for bus boarding directions...
Such the cute set up at the Kellers... She had goodies in every corner inside and out. Outdoor fireplace lit for them all...
Amazing little cupcakes...(I had to sneak just one...)

Can we just leave and party now?!


All loaded...I notice a pole in the middle of the bus. hmmmm. Should be an interesting ride for the driver....
Maria and I headed to Yard House LB for dinner and a glass of wine. Kaitlyn was giving her Sophomore class President Speech at 10pm. We snuck in....back door, in the corner. And heard it!
As you enter the convention center...They did a fab job inside. Kali never knew I was there. She insisted "Mom do not go to the dance". So we bolted in, and bolted out. She never seen me. Maria heard the speech...we headed back home...waiting for the text's of "We're ok" and "We had a blast"- Kali's last call to me was 1am. I'm glad the night was a success. Happy for all that partied safely, smartly, with much laughter and good dancing!
As I unloaded my camera, bag and goodies from my car last night...I grabbed the flowers that Gianni gave me. I smiled so big. This morning looking at them again, trimming them down to fit a little vase, I was reminded, what a good guy. What a nice Mom he has. Finally got a chance to talk with her. Nice family. Nice son. So proud Kali was asked by such a gentleman. Now that I know the Formal drill....I can't wait for more. Cheers everyone! Hope everyone has a super chill Sunday. I am fighting a major cold. I have absolutely NO energy. A head so congested I can hardly hear, or breath. But I am glad everyone is safe. Everyone is home and remembering their nights. Have a good weekend everyone! I need to get plenty of water and juices down! Why o' why a cold now? Mommies have too much to do!

No comments: