Sunday, May 15, 2011

Soccer and Speedway....and already Sunday....

My friday evening was extra sweet while I shared it with my besties from Soccer. Donna hosted our little group for wine and appetizers...and good chats. It's always so great to get together and see eachother..most of all stay connected while we watch our babies grow into ladies...I am so bummed I didn't capture any picture of us...ugh. I headed home early due to an early wake up 5:30am ish- Check in at 8am- out in Riverside. Kali and I up at dawn, did my usual stop into Starbucks and headed through sprinkles and dreary weather to our first game of the day. She had 2 yesterday. She loves to travel early to games alone with me. It's this little sweetness we have in the car. She knows I have her back...I pack everything she needs....the music is on...we can talk or just watch passing things..but it's our little time. And she loves it. And of course I do too.... I always try to capture little memories and places of travel for Kali. It's cute because she now grabs the camera and creates her own little memories while I drive. She liked this Cross up on the mountain.....It's the little things....



First game of the day.




Meet "Landon"- My friend Lori is a foster mama to kitties...Sara plays for Beach too. He was left behind in a garage...and she believes she's found a home for him. But for now, she feeds, she helps him go potty, and she totes him around in a little bassinet carrier perfect for travel. He's a sugarplum. That's for sure.




In between games we had 2 hours to enjoy better weather, and a yummy picnic lunch and good chats with friends and families from our team.





So relaxing.





Getting ready to start our next game here...






Then it was off to Speedway. I was so exhausted. And I really don't know why. My early day consisted of a long drive but really just sitting on my rump the entire day. Kris called me while there and said "Do you and Dad and Kali want to head to Speedway?" My first initial thought was...ugh...not really. I really wanted to head home to a bath, and my book. But it's so sweet when we do get invited, and we actually do always enjoy ourselves...I guess it was just the prepping part I dreaded. And more driving...lol. But we went...and WE ALL had a blast! Josh the farthest on left brought his airplane. That actually flies very high...our little entertainment while tailgating....





Joshie....Kris has been friends with all of these kids since Middle School. It still amazes me to watch them grow and turn into men. Well....that still play with toys. eehemm-LOL!!!










The Fatal Family crew..... Kali was actually the trooper. After two games and up early...she was so sweet....





The kids....Very good kids too!





Years ago while I was pregnant with Kristopher at the ripe age of 19...we headed to Speedway in Torrance every Wednesday night and most saturday nights when it was happening...Well they race in Costa Mesa and have for the past 15 years or so. We have always enjoyed a night at the races...we generally would sit in the same spot..watch and cheer for the same racers...and just have fun. Well...I have to say...We probably won't be back. It's sad to say after all these years, it's the same racers...which ages them to about 60 ...lol...and they make about 3 laps and race is over. The spectators weren't what it used to be. Pretty much everything has changed. It saddened me because I always thought Kris and Kali would take their kids to these races..and pass on the tradition. But it def wasn't worth what I thought. Little bummer. I guess we'll just stick with our Supercross tradition. That's perfect for now....






Fun saturday night anyway....Funny part to my night? Well...After my drink finished...and I started to search for my camera which was NO where in sight...my heart dropped...my panic set in...and as I start looking more...a lady is coming up the stairs to the top where we were seated and is asking "did anyone lose a camera?...it was on the ground down below"- We were at the very very top. Which meant my camera...this very camera fell about 100 feet plus and is here with me now! hahahaaaa! Good little Samsung!






Cheers to a great week....I hope this week is better than last. Last week was a hill climb daily. I promised myself today that I will make this week just perfect. It's all in my hands.







No comments: