Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The second child....

Kali's early morning consists of up at 5:30am and off to school by 6:30am this week. Every morning...as I have for Kris and Kali for years and years...I'm up...right along with them to make a wonderful breakfast. And pack a ever so yummy lunch...sometimes packing little notes in there too.. I've done it for years. I know I could probably be at the gym or sleeping in...or maybe even enjoying a nice cup of coffee in bed...lol....But I do this little bit of love for them..to send them off to school with a belly full of goodness. I do cook healthy. And I pack very healthy. I don't cook/pack for Kris anymore. He's had his many years of this goodness. He now can learn the importance of my sacrifice and what it all meant. Well...the moral to this story....is when Kris was younger, and would forget his lunch...I would do anything and everything possible to get to that school to get it to him. It would consume every part of my morning until I did. Well...with teenagers...and Miss. Kali is full mode at this point...SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING....she bosses me around some mornings...commanding.."Mom go get in the car..I will be out.." Mom...can you get my gold sandals...Mom..is my folder on the table...Mom...I'm not trying to be mean...but your breath smells like coffee and can you please stop asking me so many questions...HAHAHA!!! So..I do..I just go with the flow, and snapback if needed..but I let her get her groove on..because she is very organized...BUT this morning...she left her lunch on the kitchen table. There it sits. I didn't realize until we were close to the freeway.. No lunch. This is only the 2nd time the entire school year. My first instinct was..go back. Somehow I've got to manage to get my little birdie fed....But then I realized....She has money...she has friends...she also will remember to double check a little better tomorrow for this amazing lunch that sits on the table packed with a yummy salad...organic fruit...a yummy juice and her fav crackers.....She's more organized at times than her bro...therefore, these little things I believe happen for a reason..and the less I enable..the better later... Ohhh the woes of parenting...sigh....Poor Miss. Kali....Since high school she's insisted on brown baggin' for the simplicity of throwing everything away after... so the "socializing" is easier...and less to carry. So much for recyclying..ugh

No comments: