Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The pedals around the Rose....My Grandma Ramirez

I am finally able to review and take the time to look back at Easter at my Grandma's. Here is Kali and Ava giving bunny hugs....She is the funniest, sweetest little girl....Cousins. Second cousins....so sweet.... Kris and Great Grandma Ramirez. I made her a Great Grandma first...she wasn't too thrilled about the title, but she's always cherished this guy...


The girls surrounding the sweetest little sweetpea there....London....




Cousins. Andrea and I.....It's amazing we've grown up to be mom's and friends, yet I used to carry her around on my hip as a pre-teen- lol



The sweetpea Cameron....getting ready to look at Easter surprises.....



Damian loves to do Easter Eggs. He's the one to always offer a big hug and huge smile....




Look at those sweet little fingers....I love little fingers and toes....


So the funny part of our family and my Aunt Lynda here...she still loves and insists we all play musical chairs. So the little radio comes out...while the wine is flowing, and we all play this super funny game. The kids just love it....It's the little things...that one day will be big things...Memories we will all look back on one day....





Bill is a trooper, and he will always join in. I'm sure for me and my family...but's it's actually really funny. Everyone is soon cracking up.....We were leaving to Cabo shortly after..we were giddy and stoked.....we were so pumped....lol



Notice my Aunt Annette is wearing a Fatal T-shirt. She bought from Tilly's in Thousand Oaks. We said "What?" Why didn't you tell us?"...she said "I want to support it"- So cute. And soo kind. That's the loyal part of my aunt. She's a woman of her word...that's certainly for sure...Here they are down to 3 chairs...lol!!! You know, no matter how old we get...this game is funny!



Monica and London....



Giving some sugar....



My Grandma Ramirez has always been there for us.....She's such a strong lady....She's the one who taught us to never leave the house without making yourself look presentable...As you just never know who you'll run into. She's also always tried to get me to wear sandals or shoes at all times and never ever put your purse on the floor. I've tried to cohere to her rules...but the sandals and barefoot thing challenges me at times....I love to go barefoot around water...and the beach...


My Grandma has kept the family close, and the traditions secure at her house. There are quite a few of us, with new families...kids of our own..traditions of our own....But her home is always the special sweetness to my little family. The one thing in my life that has never changed...And trust me, I cherish every square foot when I walk in that door. Just the aroma of her cooking...the family room full of the same comforting pictures... I thank her for that....And I tell her often.



No comments: