Sunday, May 22, 2011

Looking back always makes me smile....especially when it's gloomy outside...

Well....the world was supposed to end yesterday...and I must say it did cross my fearful mind a few times...and that actually frustrates me. How could some religious fanatic calculate such a mess...effecting so many. I heard on the news this morning that some folks took their life savings out of the bank..and moved in with others preparing for the big day. Sad. I am fearful. I trust God. I am faithful. I am a good girl. I do well to others. I offer things to the homeless. I take care of elders and animals. I will always be the best mom and lady I can. I am a tree hugger. I love life. I love to be kind to others. I do believe when my time has come, I will leave this Earth knowing I will be received. Where ever that is. Whenever that is. For now, please leave my time on this Earth alone. Please don't try to prepare me of my departure. I really don't care to know....Bill has been in bed since Friday afternoon, sick. He has some sort of yucky bug that has offered him a fever, body aches and a terrible headache. It is now Sunday morning and he still feels the same. I can't tell you how bad stuff like this makes me feel. I'm helpless. But this too shall pass. He's gotta pull out of this, as there are worse things in life to worry about I know...It's just so strange to see him lay in bed.....Positive thoughts... So for now...let's celebrate life. And have a Rootbeer Float! This was one of my most sweetest memories as a child. Those nights when my Mom had all the fixings out on the counter...with cute glasses, she'd prepare these for our dad and us girls... It's such a simple desert. For a special surprise for the kids, or your love...try stopping into Ross, Marshall's or TJ Maxx for some tall cute glasses and maybe some cute long spoons...and straws...for this occasion...Some simple real Vanilla Ice Cream and Root Beer, and voila'....there you have it...YUM!



We will prepare our trip to Havasu soon, and I love looking through past visits...of good times and amazing sunsets....





Front porch first year. Since then, I've gathered treasures for my porch..and the plants..well, they continue to grow..especially my reed grass that I HAD to have. LOL! It gets out of control, driving Bill nuts! It's the one in the front by the rock...Well, those are now taller and fuller than us. But they are soo beautiful....I always say it makes our house look tropical in the desert! hahaa








This is one of my favorite shots. The color, the peacefulness in that backyard....






Kali during the 9-11 Memorial- She was 10






On the beach one summer day....Kali was 7






This is our bedroom tubby....





Oh sweet Miss. Kali- Long Beach PF Changs...Boat ride over 2005







Oh the memories of this....I was always sooo excited...




Everytime we'd pull up month after month, I would just sit there in awww.





This is Gregory and Joshie....Thanksgiving 2008 (I think...)





Kali very bored one hot summer day...with no friends or cousin on this trip....





Before tubby was done....lol- I love baths!






I have always loved this picture...it's those hot summer nights...when the temperature is still about 80 at 8pm.....the boat rides back from Sand Bar are awesome! Got Kris with his eyes shut. lol!




Bill surprised me on my 39th Birthday. When we arrive, we pull into the garage, and when I walked through the kitchen, this is what I seen. And the ENTIRE house has flowers and balloons everywhere. This girl did an amazing job putting everything together. She has rose pedals leading to our room, she has vases of flowers everywhere....I was amazed. She was detailed detailed detailed! My whole family came up the next day for a party....





He looks so peaceful and happy....






Same with this one...His 18th Birthday....






Marcel and Krissoooppher... 18th Birthday





Bro and Sis.





Silly heads....





Another day of boredom. This is what you do when it's too cold in Havasu. Bubble baths become the new funtime!




Super sweet pea.





And now it's count down for another long fun weekend celebrating this little girls 15th birthday...on the lake, in the pool and with her besties...She's super excited. I've made my list of things to bring, things to buy...now the work begins of keeping them all safe and happy for 5 days....Cheers..and Happy 15th to my baby....

I dedicate this song Just Breathe to Kyoko for mentioning it to me... I love this song..always have. The movie "Into the Wild" one of my favorites...(tear jerker..) and to Donna whom lost her Aunt this morning in the battle against the C word. She was tired....but she will be back to show you sweet little things along your way..trust me. She will. Hugs from me.

No comments: