Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sipping on the taste of relaxation.....

I often tell myself on Friday's to enjoy the weekend ahead of me as it is...and absorb every second with the little things that mean way more than the purchased things. These are some of the last weekends for us without soccer...without work stuff, and travels. Have you ever laughed so hard you can't stop. I had tears streaming down my face...For some reason it was that funny to me....That's what this shot ultimately ended in. She was trying to get me to pose. I'm simply not photogenic, and never will be. I'd rather be caught unexpected, or stand with someone or catch the shot of those I love. Friends included. When I do take a great picture, I soak in it. I love it. But it's truly not often...Kali captured this shot of her Mama as we soaked in the sun for the entire day. After trying to catch a close up of me, and my laugh that couldn't stop. This was her only shot. I wouldn't look at her. I couldn't stop laughing. It was great. So...Just the three of us sat on the dock... Magazines, great little snacks; juice for Kali and Margarita's for us. Kris went riding again.- The perfect day to ride...Funny as we sit on the ocean side, he's up in the very hills riding in the California distance I could almost see. Ahhh the joy of living in California. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else...

The start of our day.. Kali on the dock laying out to get sun. (Which is funny during Winter Solstice, you simply cannot get tan out there.. I didn't peep a word as I watched her spray endless tanning oil on her...it was just cute to me.) The sun shines on the patio until around noon, then we must move to the dock. From there we sat for the remainder of the day. Seriously until the sun set.

This Black-crowned Heron is a night hunter. This picture doesn't do him justice. As he landed in front of me, with beautiful yellow eyes and a neck that can stretch up to almost 3 feet to eat fish, crabs, sea snails. He was a delightful sight on my lazy day with nothing to do. But eat and drink.


The Canadian Ducks with red eyes and white stripes on their backs living in the Wetlands across from us. They travel as you would imagine in the winter. And just like that next month they are gone. We don't see them again until November.



Simply relaxed. My view on a saturday lazy day. Those trees in the distance host a few very big nests for the Herons. They can make a mess on boats and docks, but what a sight to see them close up. Beautiful birds.


Our last and final picture before we headed in for the night...Notice the wetlands in the background. That is where all the birds come and go from. Kali had made plans with friends yet still under the weather with a cold we pursuaded her to come to dinner with us. 320 on Main in Seal. The best French onion soup I've had in a very long time. We even splurged and had desert. It was super good.


Our drive to dinner. Cold evenings on the beach generally offer amazing sunsets....It's those silent drives, while everyone looks out the window to appreciate these little natural wonders. And free.

Simple love. Always.




And just like that the weekend is coming to a close. Gonna make the best of this week.

No comments: