Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Has Spring really sprung?

Well as I sit and blog, it's just started to rain....again. We are finally in from work and school. House is cozy, candles are lit....so let it rain. Isn't it hard to believe it's spring? Well this morning it sure did seem springlike. As I drive down the streets checking out all the flowers, all the trees in bloom it reminds me of why I've always loved this season. I truly do. Even those folks that don't water their flowers, or plant them for that matter, have little flowers growing around them. It's cute to me. Rain washes away the grime, and brings out the beauty everywhere....I love California. And as we know rainy days bring cabin fever...especially for those people like myself that run around constantly. I purchased some really cute "Chip Clips" kind of like this at a cute little store and they weren't cheap. They actually have little rhinestones on them..and hand painted super cute... So...I have this clever idea of making my own. You can even let little ones make them...so perfect for closing that bag of chips or hanging a picture up against something....and homemade...all the better..
These are my favorite. I wonder if these are covered in fabric....I love these colors; my entire house is based on them.....Red is happy...blue is so cool...

For the past 2 weeks Kali has been battling a bad cold. From what I thought was just a bad cold, and many nights of taking her to practice in the cold at night, only to hear her cough all the way home and all night long. After the awards ceremony we arrived home to a worse cough, and "an ear that felt wierd"- No sleep, missed school to head to the doctors on Friday to find she has Bronchitis and an ear infection- Yes, I won the mom of the year award. She came home with a bag on meds, and we both collapsed into bed...and stayed in for the entire weekend....She slept..and I did all my spring cleaning....

I spoke with my dad, who told me to "keep her down and in" and to rub VICKS on her before and after the shower. We did support her team on saturday and she did play on sunday...(Bill WAS NOT happy) but she has survived. As of today...she is still coughing...oh the joy of motherhood and re-booking another dr. visit by tomorrow- sigh



I can just see Easter around the corner too....



So Kali was cracking up at me, because as much blogging and photo's that I take, I was going koo-koo staying in, with no action. Therefore I thought I would share one of their favorite dishes...it's simple, healthy, organic and easy. What more can any mom or dad ask for right?
Sorry to my guy followers out there...you can stop reading from here...or..if you'd like to try this amazing recipe, I encourage you to do so. Yum. Is all I can say. Yum-
Kris and Kali's fav pasta dish prepared by momzie!
1 Tomatoe (organic preferred)
3 garlic cloves (or as much as your like...we love garlic)
1 Cup of fresh organic basil
1 Cup of sliced mushrooms
1 Yellow squash
1 Green squash
1 Bag of Organic spinach
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup Kalmata olives (pitted)
1/2 cup of grated cheese...(I buy the 4 cheese kind at Pavilions)
1/2 cup of any kind of white wine-
Organic pasta of any kind you prefer....(Kali likes spaghetti style...)
Dice everything into very small little cubes...add the olive oil to pan, and toss in garlic first, stir around and add everything else, then spinach..add more olive oil or white wine if needed..and remember the spinach looks crazy big in the pan, but it shrinks well and fits right in...once everything is done sauteying (spelled right..?) sprinkle with the 4 cheese and serve over pasta. Sinful = add garlic bread for the side. Yum yum with so much beautiful aroma in the kitchen!
Bon appetit!
And I will continue to spring clean, cook yummy meals, decorate and do what I can while I keep a teenager on the mend...and out of the rain.... Come on Spring! I still look forward to the bulbs I planted 2 years ago, purchased from my parents town. They have started to peek at me....
Love, The tree hugger, mama nurse, spring cleaner and garlicky gourmet cook!

No comments: