Thursday, March 10, 2011

COUNT DOWN TO CABO.............

Soon to be 41...I'm Healthy, brave, alive, strong, and turning....41 next month...and FINALLY we will take a much needed vacation to Cabo San Lucas! I still can't believe it's happening......We will stay for 6 days down in the beautiful resort town in an all inclusive resort. Looking back on the years in my childhood. I don't remember birthday parties, I don't remember having friends over...or my parents making a big deal for me. Like the "hooplah" we spread for our kids these days. There wasn't new I-phones, and Mac laptops to wish for, or Forever 21 shopping sprees-
I do remember my mom's awesome chocolate on chocolate cake, and the neat smell of blowing out my candles after making my wish. Served with yummy fresh vanilla ice cream from a dairy by our house.. I always loved my birthday. I still do. I think it's a time for me. I think those that love me, think of me on that day. I think it's worth celebrating in big ways the older I get. Bringing all the happiness I can before I get too old to do so. Happy Birthday to me soon, and watch out Cabo here we come!.......
Our passports arrived...and reality started to kick-in.


Dreaming of beautiful beaches just like this...with a book in one hand, and a nice cocktail in the other. Ohhh how I can count the days....





And looking forward to pictures, pictures, pictures. Dreaming of yummy food, no real schedule, long nice walks on the beach...swim up bars and big swimming pools...lots and lots of laughter and lots of love.


We are going with good friends of ours...she's a pro traveler and has a list of how to pack. What to pack and when to pack...I love it. Now...if I can just get all the little dresses that I've bought thus far on "Alloy.com" in those bags. Is it April yet? Sigh...




No comments: