Sunday, March 13, 2011

Birds, Beach Soccer and Brunch...followed by a lazy sunday afternoon....

So...the big difference between Bill and I when it comes to animals...? I'm the nurturing, giving, protecting, forgiving type.. Bill? He's the "put up wire mesh to block out birds" while they nest for the Spring. The funny part to this? Mama bird was trying to build a nest on the other speaker by the bbq and he covered it right away with wire mesh. Saturday he found her on the other speaker, nest in full mode. I understand his frustration, and he said "you have to clean all their poop"...AND I WILL....but it's also such a safe place for them. Stay tuned for more on these little love-dovebirds. I'm hoping to catch pictures of her babies...if I can. Alot of work to make that little nest. You can see her mishaps. When Kali and I got home saturday night, I took her out to show her, and there was one little egg that had fallen out already. Such a bummer. Guess it's not meant to be....
Kali started playing for a new club a few weeks back. Today...VERY early this morning...(with the time change springing forward up at 5am) they had their first game. We won 4-1
GO BEACH!

The most exciting part of my weekend was Monica's Brunch celebration at El Torito Grill in Brea and my Aunt (Godmother) from Illinois was there!!! It's always so fun to be with my family. Lots of laughter...lots of love...and lots of good food and drink. We chowed down. So much for my Cabo body mission. I went backwards today. And it was all worth it.


Pictured from left to right. My cousin Monica in blue (bday girl) My cousin Evelyn behind me. My Aunt/Godmother Cece hugging me...My sister behind us and my aunt Lynda's boyfriend Harry. He looks so serious. Wow.



My aunt Lynda....holding her mexican pastry desert. Yum.




Miss. Kali and Tori. Poor Kali had to rush home after her game and shower and be ready in 15 minutes. Her reward was Brunch. She loves loves loves brunch. After that game, she had to be starving...



Evelyn, me and Cece. Doesn't it look like I'm squeezing her neck? lol


The part of trying to get people together for family quickshots is actually really funny to me. Because no matter what we did, someone wasn't ready. I'm sure the Champagne had some to do with it. So funny. So I added all the shots..simply because I found cuteness in each one.

Family fun times..... Happy Birthday Monica!



I love this one...my sister is looking down, and there's a conversation going on down below. My cousin Monica is looking super beautiful...oh how I love candid shots..

And just like that, our weekend is a wrap. Ohhh how I dread preparing for the week ahead. I keep reminding myself of how lucky I really am. How lucky I am to have a job to head to, and a daughter healthy and alive to make breakfast and lunch for. And how lucky we have it compared to those suffering in Japan.


1 comment:

nikkinicholle said...

Cute dress Lisa!