Friday, March 18, 2011

Recognition for the dedication that flows through us....

Most of you know I love music. Music moves me, and always has. When I change my songs, it's usually to coincide with my blog topic. The interesting part to this song...yesterday as I was driving to the banquet to go help set up, this song comes on. This very song was played for all the Graduating Kindergarten class when Kali was 5- Back then I sat listening to every word. Please enjoy. The day Kris graduated I made him sit with me and listen to the whole song by Rod Stewart "Forever Young" Songs are words put together to enjoy but also to reflect on. As I listen to this song, I think of the years of protecting her, I think of the many boo-boo's I've tried so hard to fix, and the many heart breaks I've tried to mend. The many soccer fields we've been to, the many very early mornings I've woken up to, driving to very long distances by myself...encouraging Kali all along the way. I was reflecting on the few days before, shopping for Kali's dress to wear to the awards banquet as we strolled in and out of soo many stores with blaring music as she rolled her eyes at me in between hangers in my hand "What about this one Kee"? Only to get the wierd eye back. And then I started reflecting back when I WOULD pick out the cute little cherry dress, with red bows to match and little red shoes to polish it off. Little braids in her hair as she stood on the little bench in the bathroom waiting.....But she pulled it off, pretty new dress, new accessories, and MY High Heels! lol! ohh my love for teenage hood! Bring it on! I hope she always chooses do dance.....We celebrated in style last night at our awards banquet. It's always fun to do so with your good friends, while your daughter enjoys one last shin-dig for the year with her girls...The ladies on the Banquet team from our board do a fab job at this ceremony. It's a long night, with food and wine..and laughter...it's all worth every second! I love love love this picture......
These girls look amazing....I can't wait to compare these pictures 4 years forward.....

The cutest candy treat table ever! So girlie yummy!



The lights on those little chandelier's did turn on....this picture doesn't do the justice for the colors....simply beautiful.



My friends! Michele, Markie, and Kyoko




I was presented with this beautiful basket of exactly everything LISA! I know my friend Kyoko put it all together after gathering money from everyone. I received very very nice words, cards and many tokens of thank you's. The girls and room cheered as they mentioned my name and it just feels so good for all my time. I will do it until I can't do it anymore...


Everything in the basket, was soo carefully thought out. This chickie knows me...Margarita mixes and tequila. Jelly Belly's and Forever Sunshine lotion and bath bubbles (just the name and look of the bottle make me smile)...a gift card $75.00 for Walt's Warf! yum! The best Artichokes- a caraffe water bottle (for our fun mixers at game sites on hot days lol)
My absolute favorite is a framed picture of the girls on the beach above. I take a gazillion pictures, and frame lots...but this one by far is one of my fav's. I am taking it to Havasu and putting in my room there! I love it. Cheers to an awesome season. I love my friends, and I love me some good soccer! BRING IT ON!





No comments: