Friday, May 11, 2018

Those Humans.




In the wicked world of social media it's rare that you find someone that really feels and seems genuine. 

I've been following Jed for years, most especially as he rode his bike around the world.  There's several things I love about him.  First, he's the most non-judgmental human I've followed on the big'ol internet.  So much phony out there.  
And in my humble opinion, it's the religious (or self proclaimed "Christian" ones)  The ones that praise all day and night, but still live a pretty slick corrupt sideways hypocritical life.  Not always following the rules, and leaning in to the word "forgive me" when they want a pick-me-up. Most usually on Sunday when they sit next to one another in church.  

None of my business, but I see it more around me these days, than ever.  Again, social media bringing out da-best-of-the-best! LOL!

Anyhow, he's one of my favorites.  

When I read this analogy of "Surfing" and this life, it made me sit back and reflect.


I love this.

LikeCommentSave

  • jedidiahjenkinsI don't surf well. But I have surfed. And one thing I know about surfers is that they talk about surfing. A lot.
    .
    In some little way, I understand. I've caught a wave a few times, and felt that lifting, and there is nothing like it. It is the power of the entire ocean, pulled and pushed by the moon and storms and wind, picking you up. You. It is one of the best metaphors I've ever felt in my body.
    .
    In our lives, we have to do a bit of work. If you just get in the way of the waves of life, you will be tumbled like laundry. You have to put on that uncomfortable wet suit. Paddle through the foam and the muck of shore break. Get out beyond these messy waves.
    .
    Then, there is still work to do. You have to turn your board, with the swells now behind you. And you trust that your wave will come. And it's a bit of guess work. You see it coming, you paddle in spasms, and perhaps miss. It rolls under you and leaves you. Your arms are tired, but you turn your board around and paddle again, back to position.
    .
    But I promise you, even as someone who has only succeeded in this effort a few times... when you catch it, or it catches you (that's the paradox, I'm not sure which is which in life), it is a feeling like God's hand under you, supporting you. It is a feeling that has lead millions of people to an addiction to surfing. It's no hobby. It's no sport. It's love.
    .
    But I feel this metaphor everywhere. We have work to do in the callings of our lives. Paddling, wetsuits, cold water, getting through the muck. Then waiting and believing. And then, prepared and in position, the whole damn ocean lifts you and it's no longer you. The entire world that you stand on is moving, taking you somewhere. You're carried. And screaming with joy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Mothers Day Weekend!









Hope your weekend is cozy---

May you finish the little goals you set forth. Even if it's just a new meal.  Or laundry.  Or that good book you've waited all week to read. 
Or just getting up and living.
A good friend texted me yesterday stuck in her dark alley.
Those days where the world seems so heavy.

You can do it. 

Because someone else has it way worse than you.


Happy Mother's Day to you women and MEN that have taken the biggest job of your life and still work through the recipe of parenting. 



Much love,

Lisa Lynn



No comments: