Wednesday, March 28, 2018

My Slices Of HAPPY.

Yesterday was Physical Therapy day for Kris.  A day he actually looks forward to, simply because the few techniques they use (Dipping his hands and wrists in hot wax feels amazing-It's a Scleraderma patients best feeling-their joints freeze up).  And just the over all stretches and help in moving his joints.  
He was challenged with the therapist yesterday.  According to him, she's missing some batteries.  HA!  I'll leave it at that.  He grumbled more but I'll leave the G version right there.


After therapy I sent my lovely reminder -- "Don't forget labs"-

We both don't love labs.  In fact, it's something I sadly loathe. 
If you've fought in the ring of C before you'll know and understand.
It's a terrible twisted time frame.  
I told myself, his lab draw at 4 wouldn't allow results until late evening, and so "why taunt myself, just check tomorrow"- (which is today)

Silly me checked anyway at 6. 

Just because. (no patience)

I am a freak. 

They looked really good.  WBC 6, Platelets ringin' in at 253. RBC were a tiny bit low, and his kidney's seem borderline, but nothing to fret. 

I literally have sweaty underarms, and as my adorable Ipad sits on my lap, my legs shake. 

There's 12 tests that roll in. Usually at a snails pace. 

It's disgusting what happens to a human during those moments. 

I will never ever under estimate the struggle every other parent, patient, sister, brother, daughter or whomever deals with these things.

As I close all the labs, knowing another 8 more will roll in throughout the evening...(the most important to me have just been accounted for-----> insert nervous giggle-ha!)-- I sit back for a quick second.  Always counting my Grace and Mercy close to my heart.

Then next out to him. 

"Your labs look awesome Kris"

My heart feels like this. 

He always smiles and his one dimple shines through me just like when he was 3 and I'd give him happy news. 

And the evening rolled on through...


Easter is sneaking up so quick.  A daughter and Grant working.  Distance separating even a small chance to pop in and bring them something sweet.

A day I loved to celebrate as a child.  Not to mention with family at the park, just about 5 years ago. 
Another chapter that sadly closed. 
Little kids grew.
Families grew apart.
Easter egg dying and hunting just doesn't have the time made for anymore. 



Right now?

Right now, I celebrate the little blessings to me.....like good labs!

And a thriving, healing son.

26 Months. 

Living further and further away, down the long road of discovery. Healing. Heartbreak. Happiness. Thriving. Falling. Picking up pieces and moving forward. 



I hope you're all enjoying this beautiful BEAUTIFUL DAY!


How about all the green grass and flourishing flowers everywhere!?

Springtime, you've always been my favorite.


This Mama Lisa





No comments: