Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Jeff-Man

Your smile, your hugs, and most always your fun witty comments.  You'd make a smacking sound with your lips before commenting, or greeting us. A sound and smile I'll always miss. 


The weekend we really got to know one another was in Havasu.  The next morning after they arrived I'd be handing them a large post card to hold for a video.  A video we'd share with the world that a  donor had been found for Kris.   
(this video gets me every single time- BEAUTIFUL all together!)

I remember the mornings coming out to your smile at the counter. Smiling and offering sweet conversations with whomever was awake with you.  Most always you and "Kris-Man" as you called him.  You took us to breakfast that one morning and covered the bill for my entire family.  
We'd tack that delicious breakfast as one of our best in Havasu. Not because of the monetary, but because we were all together. My sister and niece included.  

The way you talked, and sometimes carried a witty demeanor with words.  You always always offered a hug right back, and a smile that would light up a room.  

When my son spoke of you it was ALWAYS, ALWAYS with the highest regards.  Most importantly the very first time you all took a road trip in your new Audi, and you hauled ass around the mountain sides up to Ojai.  

The way you opened your heart to Kris during his sickest days.


In fact, Saturday morning when Bill slowly explained how you left here, it felt as though the wind was knocked out of me. It's just not real. 
I'm sure you didn't know you'd leave like this.  I had a picture printed for you.  One that Kris really knew you loved.  One that arrived on Wed, and I gave to Kris on Thursday.  He wanted to give it to you Friday night, but opted for Saturday.  It was too late.  

I've always wondered if people can see down from the Heavens. 

Here's the picture you loved Jeff. 

Look at you. 

Panama 2017 as you watched your son marry your daughter-in-law. 

Look at the islands behind you.

Look at how good you look Jeff-Man. 

Look at you......


You left here.  The plans we choose aren't always the plans everyone else chooses.

You left a legacy of YOU here "Jeff-Man". 

One that I will say offered a good, kind soul to myself.  Bill. Kali. My sister, and my niece. 

Most importantly you loved my son.  

Going through pictures the last couple of days have been silently brutal.  

Finding the one we took at Jen's Fitness competition.  You stared at your baby girl with sincere amazement.


But not after laughing with us in the audience of the teeny underwear cartoon looking guy fitness dudes up there.  That funny witty side we'd all adore about you.  Not making fun, but kinda poking fun, if you will. 

Jeff.  I hope you are at peace.  Your heart is resting. 

I'll take with me the many funny memories I have of you. 

But my last one was you walking home after concert at the bay on Kris' birthday.  You'd danced on the grass with your beautiful wife.  Swaying to Motown disco while staring at your bride.  Taking in the warm ocean air.  In a town you'd finish raising your kids.  Belmont Shore. 

I watched you walk away towards home barefoot.   LOVE----

All along thinking to myself...how bad ass is that....Jeff-Man, handsome, loving, witty, strong and true.  71 years young.  Walking home with his little family.  Barefoot. 


See you when we see you Jeff-Man....



We'll take care of things around here....I promise you that.


All my love. 

And a reminder to tell those you love, that you do.

Today.

Lisa

No comments: