Tuesday, August 8, 2017

My Name Is Lisa, I Am A Sentimental Clothing Hoarder

Early this morning I'd decide it was fair to just get up after tossing and turning in my sheets all night. Because that's just what this body of 47 years loves to do these days.  I call it total bullshit, but it's just what the deal is.  Up at 5:30 with all the beautiful birdies, I'd start searching for a black tank top.  The black tank top was no where to be found, but inside my armoire (spelledcorrectly?)  was a mosh pit of clothes.  I'd pushed these clothes back so many times that at this point it looked as though they'd need a new washing.  

Terrible.

After my coffee kicked in I began to question all those clothes.  So many times I hear of people living the "minimal" approach.  Cutting back on all the "things" we don't need.  Or want.

I had a stack. 

A serious stack of clothes that included jeans, shirts, shorts, sweats and tank tops.  None of which I wear. None of which I truly truly like. Or need. 

But......

These items right here I had the hardest time parting with.  

I am a freak.

Pictured here-  We have BRIGHT green sweats that are to the knees.  They are ugly as all getout.  But man, these fellers right here are so comfy on.

Gone. 


These here?  These black sweat lovers right here.....They helped me get through some of my roughest days.  Some of my curl-in-a-ball and just eat-n-cry days & nights. The hole in the crotch is the kicker.  When shark week would make it's debut, I'd grab for these.
With ice-cream. 

They're gone.   

Please take note of the crotch hole placement.  All the lolz.




And the Grand Finale of all, are these.  You guys.  These jeans.

I bought these amazing Levi's back in 1999.  This was when jeans were jeans and none of the stretchy bullshiz ruled the world.  I loved the way they felt.  I loved every.single.thing...about them.
A few years back I bent down, and rip.  And then rip again.

Did I toss them?

No.

Did I have big dreams to sew them and keep using them? 

Yes. 

They're gone. 



Talk about tugging of my heart. 



Do you have hoarding problems with clothes?  Sentimental clothes?
I recently opened up a few storage boxes of mine to show Kali. 
The many uniforms that consisted of Camp Fire Girls and all the patches she earned, her little soccer outfits, the outfit she came home from the hospital in, the little blue London Fog jacket Kris wore, handing down to Kali.  I have dreams of our grandbabies wearing it. 
I have her bonnets, and Kris' first birthday outfit.  The outfit Kris came home in.


Not sure if this is just me, but man....I am attached. 

To things.

You should see their baby books.  Not to mention the book I wrote them while pregnant and throughout their first year.

When I leave this Earth, I'm quite sure they'll say, "yea our mama was a mushy one".

Purging the things we don't need.

To have and to fold far far away.....  LOL!

Bye bye favorite jeans. Bye bye black holey sweats.  Bye bye hideous green sweats. 

Gone forever, but not forgotten.  HAHAHAH!


Where's myyyyyyy jeannnnnnssssss?????!!!!!!


Happy  Tuesday!

This Mama is counting down.....

For this...


So needed.  


So earned.


So ready.


This Mama Lisa




No comments: