Monday, August 7, 2017

My Childhood Remnants

When I was a little girl I'd hear the words "uh oh, it's a full moon"- 

Those words started from my mom.  Something she always preached to us, because she watched the tension around her.  There's more to her story, our story...but I'll spare personal details. 
Her young adult years with my dad weren't always beautiful. The moods became thick. Or the tension became extra tight. My little hippy roots grew around the vibe of the good ol' beautiful full moon. 
Two things I DO love about it though...High tides, and beautiful nights out on the water in the boat.  

As I became an adult and have filtered through raising babies, working, sorting, shuffling, managing, assisting, and most of all, working with customers......Full Moons matter. To me. 

Last week and every month around full moon time I always secretly think "wouldn't it be so neat to sneak away to a hiding spot for the 4 days leading up to the full moon" HA!

Avoiding life's obstacles.  Basically closing up like a clam as though reality doesn't exist. 

When I mention a full moon to Bill, he rolls his eyes. 
Every month.

Now, if I mention the word shark week.  He runs.  Kidding. 

Anyways. 

Here's a full fact of this months full moon.
The Sturgeon moon.  All about fish...you hear that Kris?


How was your weekend?

Our was filled with horse power on the water.  And chairs under a tree with some family and friends. 
Just the perfect scale of awesome and silly.

I made this recipe last night, using chicken instead of shrimp. 



Happy 40th to my cousin Jason! (Birthday week for him!)
I hope the next forty are filled with love and good health!



And this handsome birdie celebrates the big 28 next week!



This concludes my full moon monthly mantra.

Hold tight to Hope.  Don't give up....

xo


This Mama Lisa


ps- Also, love this link on reddit regarding In-N-Out.  Didn't know they served Root Beer Floats, did you?!  Holla

No comments: