Monday, November 30, 2015

When Faith Keeps Your Head Above Water....

On November Nineteenth, I picked up Kris.  

For yet another appointment.  Blood draw, port change, and one more spinal chemo. 

As I sat in the car he sent a text stating "They Found A Match Mom"-

The feeling deep in a mama's soul was pure warmth, and yet a flash of oh shits. 

Pulling out of the driveway, he asked for a Gatorade.  I made my way into CVS.  As I stood at the register, smiling at the adorable elderly worker whom gives her every bit of heart to all those purchasing anything....I smiled so big back at her, to soon see my phone ringing with a (626) area code.  City of Hope, my stomach dropped again. 

As I answer, our coordinator is on the other end.  The conversation went from calm, to estatic, to tears, to unbelief, to finally "Kathy, can we celebrate this for Thanksgiving?"  As in, is this like really gonna happen?-
Yes, dear, this is fantastic news...was her response-  
I jump in the car, as we drive down the road to his appointment, both crying.  He just a tear or three.  Me?
Wellowing...haha...
My grand plan was to announce to Kali and Bill on Thanksgiving Day.  But with a small hiccup, the word got out.  And so....we decided to share to the world and extended family with a little video.  At first he didn't want the little posters I made (Kinda girlie Mama)- But with the help of Jens family....I won. ha. 
Video is blurry, but you get the deal right? I certainly hope so....it was made in 15 minutes LOL (the music was chosen by our fighter boy)

There's so many details I will share...
He has solid testing for the next 2 weeks with an admit date on Dec 14th.  He will undergo a transplant treatment plan that will require lots of rehabilitation.  Lots of Love.  Lots of PRAYER....and lots of good vibes.

I will post some more this week, just trying to settle in after being out of town. We tucked away at the lake. My sister and niece, and Jens family. 

Really, I couldn't describe a more sincere weekend filled with genuine gratitude.  Ever. 

He's in good spirits right now, with a body ready to take on the fight for his life.  But we'll suit up.  

I've got to find my biggest Mama Warrior Boots.  Because ain't no stoppin' us now!

Big Love,  
Remember to cherish the simple things in life.  Because as I always say...one phone call kids. 
One flip of the page in this life.   And just like that....you're fighting for a life.  If not yours...maybe your baby. 

We'll chat tomorrow?

Okay...

This Mama Warrior Lisa

No comments: