Friday, August 4, 2017

And Then There Was Peace In My Heart




"Happiness And Peace Depend On Ourselves"



I hope you all have a beautiful weekend...

This Mama Lisa 

ps- This little girl leaves in 3 weeks.  Visa has been approved.  A semester learning and living in Europe. 
Tenacity, and braveness.  Homesickness, lol-justkiddingkalibutyouknowithahaha


 Still trying to find out where the time goes.  And why the hardest days seem the slowest, and yet the best days seem the fastest......


Memories in time...


A link worth sharing. 
My belief based on personal and close-up experience.

And to say we've been lucky to walk this path with Kris' doctors.  Honesty, and being upfront. 
It's what has helped him eat, smile, and most of all, LIVE. 

And one more thing.

So many of Kali's endeavors, (college) and various adventures, were encouraged and taught to me by this lady right here.  Maria and I met when our girls were 12.  We sat next to one another on the soccer field.  Club soccer.  A place that offered Kali intense discouragement.  A place that offered me silent discouraged tears. I learned the ropes of patience.  Of sportsmanship.  Of politics on the field.
Maria stood out from all the others.  She became my mentor.  While the other moms were my wine drinking walking partners, (hey Donna and Mary, Kyoko, Van and Michele)...Maria became my mentor for education.  College to be exact.  We'd become midweek dinner buddies.  Dinners where I'd pick her brain about schools.  Grants. SAT scores. Entrance exams. Dorms. College Life. Sororities. All.of.it. (remember, I moved out at 17, and a mama by 19)
We'd work school dances like it was our job.  Always recruiting more moms.  Never missing dinner afterwards together.  We'd navigate through all the trivial things it took to get Kali situated away.
Maria always refers to me as my big sister.  She's really like a mom to me. I secretly love sitting shot gun next to her at dinner places or any place for that matter, like Michael's in Naples ordering good wine and our famous flat bread.  Smiling at one another because she's proud of us.  Of me.  Her encouraging words always, always sent my way. She's raised two incredible kids. She works her ass off just like me. We hustle hard to move the mountains we must move.

Because of her.


My friends are my everything.

This one here...she's been a rock for me.

Love you Maria

pss.  Try happy hour at Michael's.  In Naples (Long Beach)
Order the red wine, because you'll drool over the glasses like me.
#imaglasssnob
#placeishotshottysogoprepared
#lol



No comments: