Thursday, August 17, 2017

The Guy That Gave My Heart LOVE

You were due on August 11th, 1989. I'd go into labor 5 days later. At just after 9pm, we'd make our way to the hospital.  Running a red light like in the movies on the way.  The light wouldn't change and I surely thought you were coming.  8 hours later on August 17, 1989 5:49am.  A waiting room would have your uncle Gregory, uncle Wayne, my sister, and Bom and Papa.  You already had a name.  You already took so much space in my heart.
I wouldn't learn just how much a little baby boy would fill it up until the moment I held you. 

You wiggled around so much right up until that seventeenth day of August.  I can remember looking down at my shirt during that last month and noticing a dirty glow. 
Over the spot of where I constantly felt.  I loved to feel you move. That elbow, or the little knee.  Although at the time I really didn't know which was which.  I just assumed.  It wasn't until the hiccups came into play.  While trying to fall asleep I'd think..."come on baby, not more hiccups"-

When you came into the world I can remember the feeling of euphoria. That wild feeling I had when they handed you over to me.  I can remember your little lip quivering.  You settled into just a whimper staring at me.  You knew it was mommy.  I called you my little potato-bug.  Not the prettiest or cutest of thoughts, but you surely cracked me up with expressions. 
 



Those couple days in the hospital were a blur.  I just remember your "bom" (Grandma) was smitten. She'd arrive without my invite, which looking back I can see why.  When I changed your diaper for the first time it scared the shit out of me.  I didn't want to break your little body. 

Little did I know just how quickly those days would turn into weeks, and those weeks would flow into months. Months would allow me a sharp and witty little toddler.  Walking by ten months you'd navigate through most anything quickly.  I'd always remove your shoes to climb a tree, and you'd oblige.  You were happiest outdoors.  We both were. We'd spend many days on the beach and by the shore.  My little buddy.  There was something about my bond with you.
When my sister said we grew together, we truly did.


I can remember doing all the little things with you to prove to the world just what a good mama I would be.



The love between a mom and her son is something to be spoken for. I would stare at you with amazement during those first years.  I made this baby.  
My protection for you wasn't normal.  Still isn't.  LOL  
You've always been my everything.





The years would hand me a busy teen.  A teen that navigated through with a working mom.  You earned and worked for your own cell phone.  You also took note of whomever rode in your car, because they'd surely be made to "pay their way"-  To this day you manage your money incredibly well. Still pushing side jobs, and whatever it takes to pay your way.

You were accepted as a young elementary boy into Biola University for a Trigonometry class. Because after being tested and shown as "gifted", and "an intellectual thinker", they allowed your thinking brain to exercise every corner.  Your deep thoughts and money management fall hand in hand.





I truly believe you inherited those roots from my dad.  Such a smart man. 
You will argue a person off a cliff.  It's just who you are.  
You're also kind.  The kind of person who protects other humans.  Especially delicate ones.
You're that friend that stands up for the hurting.

An animal is protected in the highest regards by you. 

I can't believe you're 28.

We are so lucky you are twenty eight.


Twenty Eight Bub!





When we were climbing over those last big hills I always just prayed that God would take this nightmare from you.  From us.
I prayed you'd be able to blow many more candles out.
You deserve it. 

The miles we've rode, walked, crawled, hugged, embraced, yelled, cried and laughed.  


Together.



Twenty Eight Years.



You gave me a love in my heart that I've never felt by anyone.  Ever. 

The day I felt life.  With you.

I've always said, it's a love you can't describe, until you feel it.



Happy Twenty Eight Birthday My One And Only Son. 

Motherhood----The needle.  The thread.  The stitch and the feather.  


Until my last breath.

I'll always be here cheering you on--

Big hugs Merkemer!

May God protect you from harm, sickness, heartbreak and evil.

This Mama Lisa

This must be your lucky day, all these 7's!

8/17/17

bam






No comments: