Monday, August 21, 2017

A Day Alone.


Bill worked worked Saturday.

I didn't.


(Kris' 28th Birthday Concert By The Bay 8/17/17)

Your friend Lisa was an emotional wreck last week with all the final check-lists' of things to get done for Kali's departure. A departure I emotionally put on the back burner for months. *Disclaimer: I'm still in unstable mode, yet so proud of her. Actually, I shoved it in the oven out of sight...for months.  I had to pull out my ever so popular pad of paper old skool style and start checking off the list.

1.) Daughter leaving for 4 months across the pond. Rule number one. Don't freak the F out.
She leaves next Monday.
Sending something via UPS or FedEx isn't really in my agenda.  And so you know....check-lists are everything. So is studying abroad and losing the chance to have mama ship something overnight. 
Or even in a few days. 
Not to mention the changes of banking (to eliminate all the extra fee's) - Checking with our phone carrier, and all final agreements with her school in Florence.  Ordering and picking up Euro's.

This is the minor to the major things that cross my mind.  Remember who THIS mama is. 

She cray cray-  

All nod in favor-------  >  elllllooooellllll

Most of my check-list at the time seemed pretty minor but at  2-3am last week, and I am quite sure this week....they climb up my soul and tackle my central nervous system like a bee in a hive.  

Saturday.

I had time.

To sort.

Alone. 

 I didn't realize how beautiful my Saturday morning was until I was covering each and every flower I grow with water and vitamins. Sipping my Organic Beet Street Juice as the birds chirped above me in sync.  True bliss I tell ya.

Things shifted quickly when I realized I needed to make one dreaded errand stop.

The mall.

I loathe the mall.

 I would rather wash my cat, or walk with wet feet in rain boots.  Or long wet jeans through  grass. I.HATE.THE.MALL.

So after navigating through each and every damn sales person trying to sell me "Gold Face Lotion". 
 I just nervously walked and checked my phone like a had a call *lame I know*. I'm a freak.
Don't worry, I know this. 

The mall sucks. Sorry not sorry.

 I returned a bathing suit I bought(looked so cute online at PacSun).  I did manage to float through Forever 21 but managed to scadoodle right back out because the music was too loud.
LOL!!!!!!
And I love their accessories, necklaces, and earrings.
Like. LOVE them. But....

I kept a move on.  Rolling through like a steam roller...to the safety of my car. 

My afternoon just got better.  Still alone.  And still happy.

Soon my lover arrived home with a car full of all the household chore riddled things we need.
Like SALT for the softener.  Breakfast for the breakfast. Wine for the wino.  jk.
But....we had a bike ride plan in place....

A plan that was so good with me. 


  

(I love you Bill)


Almost too good with me.

Too much wine.

Haven't tied one on like that in a very very long time.

Was so well enjoyed though...

Life....it sure has a way of catchin up with you.  

Or in my case, I stash it away..pull it out at 2:30am, then stash it away....
and then....boom.

The next morning Kris would send a text asking what I was up to. 
Wanting to come by and just hang out...
They were in Vegas doing birthday things, (or so I thought) They were actually picking up a new pup.

In walked this.  In Kris' arms.


World, meet "Skipper"
Happy Birthday Kris, from Jen xo

Well played Bub...well played.


.  4 puppers and 2 humans. Two big, two littles. 
If you ask Buckie-Boy what he thinks about this...


Skipper reminds me of Toby...our childhood dog. aka our only little brother....



How was your weekend?

Any mall grindin'?  Wine sippin? Bike ridin'?


Whatever you did, I hope it made YOUR heart full.


This Mama Lisa


No comments: