Wednesday, September 3, 2014

New Chapters.

Instead of venturing away on Labor Day, we figured we'd sulk in missing our children with a "staycation"
Although we missed them very much as you will see through the next gazillion images, we had quite the fun filled weekend.  We ate a little too much, drank a little too much and laughed more than we ever imagined just days after we'd send off our little ones.  
My newest gripe is my bangs.  Bangs, and humidity do not mix.  If I EVER sit in the salon chair and request bangs again, someone please tackle me, and my hairdresser. Seriously they have become my daily battle. 
Meanwhile, Shelley has straight hair, and can just ride along in the wind like nobody's business.  John can care less about our hair, he just wants to ride.  And ride that dude does! 
So instead of worrying about my bangs, and the Michelle Duggar look, I just continued on.  Against the wind, as Bob Segar sings.  My butt and legs thanked me.
He probably loved it too.  Work that bod girl, don't look back. Who cares about those bangs.


As much as I missed the kids, I really didn't miss the kids.  I have opened a new chapter book.  This chapter book will be filled with a new life.  For me.  For us.  For friends. For travel and for living.
On Friday we rode to the pier and back.  
With plans to head here on Saturday.  If you live in the area, you can pick up the Aqualink at Alamitos Bay, and head over to The Yard House, or The Maya, and party on.  And party on we did. boom-  5 bucks, holla!

I was so surprised on how clean the Aqualink is.  The seats were super clean, the air was crisp. The bartender was AWESOME. This ride was super rad. 
We really miss our kids.  ha!

Aqualink for the win! 
It wasn't long before we were scooped up from THAT boat, and hand picked for The Reynolds boat.  Secret Private super shuttle over to The Maya- 


Hi Maria and Sandy!

All aboard!!

Part of our six pack as a tour guide.  We couldn't of picked a better mate. 
Our joke went on and on about missing the kids.  Kids off to college and we sit here to sulk?!  HA! 
Couple drinks and appetizers later, we'd be back on board over to The Yard House. 
Sunshine, giggles, boats and friends...yes! 



At this point we managed to rock The Yard House.  Party of twelve never felt so fun!
Hey Jeff and Sandy!  Missing your little guy?
As much as we missed our little girl, she missed home more.  This transition has really been a battle for Kali.  She has her friends with her, but she is beyond homesick.  She's never been a party girl, she's never been one to venture from home.  As I mentioned before, she was the one who'd ask me to pick her up from a slumber party.  She'd try. But she'd always return.  A 2 hour train ride home was everything for Kali to sleep in her bed, and be in her home.  Both girls are exactly the same.   As much as I hear friends' opinion, I march to my own beat, and I understand-



On Saturday morning, Bill and I headed over to catch the last bit of the swell-and massive amounts of sea weed and kelp lined the beach.  We found a Go-Pro, a boat fender, little toys that I always adore....
On Sunday Gianni and Kali joined our march through the grub. 

IF you can spot a little dog rolling in the mentioned grub, it's true.  He was running like a crazy horse through this. Rolling was funny.  AT. THE. TIME.  What we didn't know is the smell that brewed on this little dog would require 4 baths.  One which included tomato sauce, the others would include baking soda, and vinegar.  IT.WAS.AWFUL. Below where he rolled must have been a dead carcass.  Epic fail on his family.
The calm before the stench.

On my walk along the sand on Saturday, I spot this water soaked piece of wood.  Not just an average piece of wood, but a salt water soaked, with rusted large nails on all four corners piece of wood.  That piece of wood that I stood there with a million different ideas of "what it could be"-  I do know it will be an end table very soon.  On Sunday we walked by it again.  As I mentioned to Kali and Gianni, they both agreed.  The only problem was, this thing must of weighed about 200lbs.  Well, guess who carried, dragged, and flipped....about a half mile, to the concrete, where Kali would soon park his truck.  For me.  awww. 



After their hard work, they'd end up here...
"Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy"

And we'd end up here.  This is now day 3 of gathering.  
A potluck of sorts, with more good food, good wine, and amazing sunshine-  We never planned this weekend.  This weekend had no plans, which I always say...."no plans work out to be the best plans"



What's the secret code, and I'll let you in dear....

The Party Shuttle.

Maria and Bert- Bert on the right, is the maker of the best Red Velvet cake that you ever did taste.  Wow!
                                                             Bert the Baker!


 Can you tell they are really sad that Mackenzie is away?  ha!




"We're not here for a long time, just a good time"

There have been several things I have wanted to accomplish once my kids were fully grown.

I mean, the list goes on and on.

The need to make my body a better body is there.

The desire to spend more time fixing up a room here and there.

Exploring new places and meeting new faces.

The chance to live a little, and yet stand back and let life just happen.

Speaking of letting life just happen, trust me, it's hauling ass and happening.  I recently told my friends, it's time for us.  It's time to live and plan, and travel and do.

We can't let our lives slip away.  We can't sit back and choose regret later.

It's time.  We've paved our way.  We've sat up at all hours of the night while our babies churned fevers.

We've held their heads up during the hardest days of school.

We've made many many meals with hopes of nurturing their bodies, and watching them evolve.

We've made our paths to many fields, and soccer/lacrosse/water polo/baseball venues.

We've stood in classrooms with our hands full of help.

We've stayed up late waiting to hear them walk in.

Let's not mention the days they'd drive off for the first time alone.

When we wondered if other parents obliged with the law of "friends riding to school with them"-

We sent off college applications, and waited patiently.

The acceptance letters would roll in, and we'd shimmy with excitement, and just a tad bit of fear.

Always waving the encouragement flag in the air.

We've come here.  To this.  To this next chapter of living. Loving. And pursuing happiness.

Whether we are sitting on the dock of the bay, or scrounging through sea weed for treasures.

It's being together.  Trying hard to forget our worries, our tomorrows, and most importantly being proud that we have made it to today. 

It's because of us.  Our strength and determination have pushed little birdies out of the nest. It certainly isn't the easiest path, but it's the best path.


"Life is a roller coaster, with high and lows, with speeds and slows, with screams and woes"-

JUST ENJOY THE RIDE............or at least in our case, 3 days of partying with friends, that walk the same plank as us.  xo

Happy Hump Day.  Hope this short week is good to you.  It's a busy one for me, that's for sure.

xoxo



Leese, the girl living new chapters. 



No comments: