Thursday, September 25, 2014

Shaking my tail feather.

Over the weekend while in Havasu, Bill and I were in Home Depot on Saturday morning.
Doing what we do best, shopping for plants.  Creating a desert oasis versus our tropical paradise.
He was rather quiet on the way home.  As we were driving home, I said "so lunch at The Springs?"
He was like, "ya..."-  but something was off.

Once we arrived home, I unloaded one of the plants, and he walked over to the living room floor and laid down.
He soon got up, with a pale face, and headed to our guest room. I followed. "you ok honey"-
"no"-
"What's wrong?"

His tummy was turning and churning.  His face pale, and skin clammy. uh oh. 

No sooner, was he in our bed, curled in a ball.  Asking me to turn the fan off, then on, covers on and covers off.  Later he'd ask to go lay in our pool.
This went on all night long.  Fever, chills, and a tummy ache.

As I mentioned in my previous post, we've never slept so much in Havasu.  I was able to read, and cuddle up in bed.  Texting the kids, and enjoying all the junkie shows that cover our cable channels.

Sunday morning we slept in until 8:30, and I knew I needed to get my act together, plant those plants, close the house up process to be done, and get him home.
Deep down, freaking out that if I didn't stay healthy and shake my tail feather it was gonna catch me.

All the way home he looked miserable.  As they say, it's the 24 hour bug.  It strikes fast, and it strikes hard.
Our choice of meds that day and night were Pepto-Bismol, Ibuprofen, and Gatorade.  I offered Champagne, but he turned his nose up.  HA!  Hey, while he sat in the pool, I floated with some bubbly.  His nurse relaxing and praying she wasn't next.

We made it home-

Monday morning shook us awake sooner than later.  And then I received a call from this fine young lady.

"Mom, my tummy hurts, and I am freaking out"- (if you know Kali, you know her ONE phobia in this world, is throw-up)

Kali, you'll be fine honey, go get some gatorade, advil and pepto- And get in bed.
And....wait for it....."I'll drive out tonight after work"
"It's okay Mom, I will handle it"
And she did.  Twenty four hours later, it was gone. No throw-up. Just a fever, dizzy and extreme exhaustion.
Crazy how these two were in two different states, and yet battling a virus - 

As I post this post, I can tell you that thus far, I have shaken my tail feathers enough that it hasn't caught my tail.

Dudes, and dudette's....wash yo hands.  wash yo hands and wash yo hands.

Don't put your hands near your face, rubbing your eyes, and certainly don't lick your fingers.

Or else.

Happy Thursday kids.

Take your vitamins, and check your oil.

xoxo

This Mama Lisa, hopefully still shaking her tail feathers.  boom.

No comments: