Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Oh, hi!



We might wonder where I have been?  Or maybe not.  If not, no need to read further...but if you wonder.

Here we go....


Friday night we spent our evening hours walking among thousands of people and strollers at Disneyland.
Our first stop was California Adventure because someone told us the cocktails were good.  After realizing we had to stand in line to even step up to the bar to get in another line, we opted for their wine bar.  Pretty good wine, I must add.
If Bill reads this, he will strangle me later...to which I say I am sorry, I'm not sorry-  BUT...he.was.a.grump.the.entire. first half of our visit.  I get it.  Strollers, kids crying. Dodging all sorts of humans. After a long day of work, topped with sitting in solid traffic, then making him walk 90 miles to the front gate.  I get it.   Lesson learned girl, lesson learned. 
We managed to get on one ride, Pirates of the Caribbean...(I've always loved the smell of that ride, yet my taste has changed) we also did manage to catch the Fantasia Show at 9:30 as we scarfed down our plate of food from the to-go restaurant that was closing, we caught the show between trees, and kids on top of parents shoulders. Not that I am bitter or anything. 
Disneyland was great!  We headed home, and I showered as fast as I could, collapsing into bed like my legs were broke.  Sorry ass chick I was, that's for sure. Basically I turned into a GRUMP!  And a tad bit disappointed if I must add.  Disappointed that things like this in life don't tickle me like they used to.  I guess the overpopulation and long lines of bratty kids, germs, and things that don't seem so real as they used to.
boo.


But don't fret now kids, Saturday I spent the day with my girl.  Errands, shopping, banking, and lunch.
A good time was had!

From there we bbq'd and chilled, with absolutely nothing on our agenda.  My favorite kind of day.

Sunday she departed back to her dorm land, dragging every single inch of her tail as she leaves.  Tears always fall.

Her family headed to the Belmont Car Show.

A few of my fav's-



90 degrees, and 80% humidity.  It's magically delicious!  As in, melt this mama down.  No worries here kids, I strolled into Tilly's and scored a cute long skirt for 10 bucks, and also into Buffalo Exchange a cute pair of heels for 10.00-  Pretty lucky girl I'd say....

How's this for a Gaylord lid....Rhino lined..

Remember this sexy beast.  Actually both.  Top and bottom.  

Give it to me baby.  Just one ride, please?!


We attended the funeral of a friend on Monday.

Hit and killed by a drunk driver as he rode his bike in HB with his son. As if the pain wasn't enough, his son (25) was with him, trying to revive him.  His son was also due to get married last weekend.  Instead of celebrating his own wedding, he was planning a funeral for his Dad with family, and his Mom who was married to the love of her life for 30 years.

Sadness, and good stories were shared.  Many tears, many pictures, many stories and reminders. He lived a full life.  As they all said "He worked hard, and played harder"

We aren't guaranteed tomorrow, that's for sure.

Love your life, and tell those loved ones just how much you care.

Send a note, give a hug, and always always always remind them of your love.

Mike, may you live wild and free. As I heard your son tearfully share in front of us all, he will take care of his Mama, your beautiful wife, and his sister.  He will no doubt run your company, and stand tall for what you raised him to be. The chain is missing a link, but will be held together by memories, and love.  Lots and lots of love.

xoxo

Lisa

No comments: