Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The moments to share.

Last night was "Senior" night at Los Al, for Girls Soccer.

I went to root for this chick.

I've had the honor of watching her since she was 11.  I've had the best honor of feeling like family to her.
And so we packed our warm gear, loaded the car, and pulled in to catch this beauty.
I have loads more to speak about her, but will leave it with, I love her, and am extremely proud of her endeavors with this team, along with our club teams in the past.  As parents we can write mind blowing books on what we've seen.  Not to mention what we've heard, touched, smelt, and felt.  All of it.
But truthfully speaking if we gave these girls a chance to jot down what truly goes through their heads, and little precious souls on this journey, we'd be firmly pushed back down in our seats.
She's been our goalie on club and HS.  She's wicked tough, and she's wicked smart. She's been handed lectures that are filled with loud shitty spurts from coaches.  She's heard glory from parents, and team mates.  She's been hugged by coaches that adore her, and she's been slammed back down by opponents, team mates, and balls.  Body marks on her hips, knee's and thighs prove this.  She's been scouted and offered spots that won't "have" to work for her.
I am proud of you Sav.  We all are.  Can't wait to call you doctor one day, beautiful girl.  I can't wait.

As Kali stepped down off of her soccer career platform I knew some days would be missed. She did too.
We both enjoyed the camaraderie that comes with the territory of sportsmanship, and coaches.  Not to mention the bonds they all shared.   Her academic cloud formed, and grades blossomed higher than any score on a tablet.  Last night I had the honor to sit next to some ol' buddies from back in the day.
Those buddies that held eachother up, when changes were made, or coaching was shifted.
We held on to eachother.  Kyoko and I made a pact, that no matter what, we'd never lose touch.
What many don't know, however, is the bond we share was brought together by sitting on a green field, surrounded by many other parents sharing that same common passion.  Soccer, games, daughters, and friendships. All because of that sport, we blended.  I will forever be grateful for the memories.  Good, awesome, kick ass great, and kick our asses bad.  We had each other.
The days are becoming closer and closer to writing the last pages in their soccer chapter book. Kali has pretty much closed her book, and shifted it to the top shelf in this life.  That soccer memory book, along with the many, many, oh so many little pins that stuck to her back pack. They all sit in our curio cabinet now.  I unhooked each one, as I pushed them right back into the ribbon that holds some other medals together.  Admiring where we went.  The sand tournaments.  The hot days out in San Bernadino.
The windy, cold but fun Lancaster tournaments.
Memories flushed over me.  I will miss it.  Kali will miss it. I know for sure this goalie will miss it.
Two things that Kali held over her decision to step down.  Varsity Retreat, and Senior Day.  Those two.  And that's it.  I kept looking over at Kali to see her reaction to it all.  Her content stature seemed extremely content.  Smiling for her friends down there. Smiling for the memories, and time she spent with them all.  Listening to her raging coach yell as he paced back and forth, all of it.  She was content.  
We so happen to be playing our nieces team "Marina"-  Where...Regina, close your eyes, and shut your ears....We spanked em 4-0----- We caught up with Regina on our way out.

Although we missed the girls getting covered in Senior glory, as I pulled away, it was all I could do but clear the lump in my throat.  I was quiet.  Kali was quiet.  The tides are changing.  The ebb and flow in this life become real.
After stepping down from the board, and missing the many parents whom I harassed with several emails each week, I wondered how life would go on without me. HA.  jk.  but no...really.  Life went on.  The board went on. And a job well done is obvious.
Kyoko sent me a text this morning.  First of all thanking us for coming out.  What she doesn't realize is that we needed that.  I needed that. I love that. 
Just like I love them.

Happy Humpday Humpers.

Keep it real.  And hold on, this life is in fact, flying.

Don't believe me?  Just look through your old pictures.

Have little ones?  Get them involved.  In something.  You will never regret it.

Because you will make lifetime friends, and that's for sure.

Big fat BOOM!


Live the life you love,

Lisa


No comments: