Friday, February 21, 2014

Society.


Society


So many times I see humanity get pushed to the side, while greed nudges its way to the front.

Personally, and in business.

Of course I know this life is built on money.

Revenue must exist to live.  I get it.  I'm sure we all do.

The many folk that have to crunch each week, month and year just to survive.  We all get it. 

The chunk of my heart that always gets a twinge of pain, is corporate greed.

Have you watched the movie "Into The Wild"?

It says something about society.  About greed.  About that corporate life while raising a family.

How some people are cut out for it's stresses, while others can't consume the idea.

At times I melt and can't consume it.  I see it, I smile, I walk away.  I deal with vendors and people that expect what is expected. It's normal.  I see it. I feel it.  We are raised to grow to the top of the chain.
It's what can make this life more "comfy"...more...."better"...more..."special"....
I wake every morning in prayer.  Into my kitchen I go.  I pour my coffee like a robot.  Prepare lunches, and soon make my way back into my room to figure out clothing, makeup, hair...all of it.  
Making my path. Making the life that I can.  The best that I can.  
It's not always an easy path. Especially the older I get.  Sometimes, I in fact wish I could shut my door, crawl back under my covers and hide.
I don't want to make lunches.  Or think about dinner.  Or the next load of laundry.  Or the bills that stare at me on my desk as I pass by.  Some days, it's just all too much. 
Sometimes I wonder where my strength comes from.
Sleepless nights, my next step out the door to approach the only business I know.   And have for the past 18 years.  

Many people aren't cut for it.  I often wonder how I have been able to.

But what would my life be like any where else? 


As hard as it is for me at times, I get caught up in it.  Not of the corporate race, but more envy.

More along the lines of wanting fancier.  Bigger.  Better.

But in the end, when you grow old, and the dust that covers your household items, and the sinks that might have waited a little longer to get that scrub down. Is all worth it. The time you spend with your kids, in your little house, on your little rug, with your little or big kids on your big rugs.  It's those moments. That sincerely mean the most.  Being with family.  Or your pets, or the quiet simple moments, in a small house, with simple living items.  It's what keeps us real.  And grounded. 


This song gets me every time.  Every.  Single. Time.

Any Eddie Veder calms my soul, yet opens my eyes.

To slow down.  To capture the little moments that I preach.

The clock is NOT slowing down for us kids.  It will keep moving and passing that midnight strike, and it will indeed age us, and our bodies will want to slow down...and our greed will slow down.  And our children will grow, and move on.  And our debt mountain will have maybe been shaved down a little.

Our love for eachother will in fact need to be watered.  Our strength will be weaker at times for the pain the we endured while fighting the battles in this daily life.

One thing that I know for sure is LOVE will keep you together.  And if you can learn to love and let love in, you will indeed be in a better place.

Smiling on the outside for the win.

Even if greed steps in and takes me down.

Happy Friday Friends.

Go PLAY!  The sun will shine down on us, so get out to the beach side.

Push your feet in the sand...and be thankful.  For your family.  For the simple things.

Can't get out in the sand?  Well find some green grass, or snow and toss it in the air....

Peace,

Leese


No comments: