Monday, February 24, 2014

Celebrations in this life....

If you live in the Southern California area, or its surrounding areas you will agree that Sunday was one of the most beautiful days this year.  I hate to brag in front of my East Coast friends/family, because I know you are battling snow, ice, and all the makings of pure grief.  Or maybe not.
Yesterday was perfecto.

In all aspects.

Kali attended a birthday brunch for her friend Breezy.  The themed quaint brunch was "Gossip Girls"-
I don't know about you, but to me, this is the cutest idea.  Simple.  Pure.  Delicious and healthy.  But most of all, no need to worry about all the banchee's that show up to this age of parties with the idea of "party"-  Which at the ripe age of 17 and 18, drinking becomes a "problem"-  And by problem, we all know what happens at parties....

So brunch?  Perfection. Themed?  Even better.  Although they do look a little evil.  ha.

Guess who is FIVE years old?

Happy Birthday Bucks.....The ray of light in many of the days of my life. 

My sister and Tori came over to celebrate his life.

As chill as this dog is, he just laid there waiting for us to tear open his gift. 

He wanted to tell me that the wrapping paper had a picture of his kitty sister on it- Awww. 


So much goodness here.  If you look closely my sister not only wrapped his gift in the cutest wrap, but also enclosed a picture of Bucksie and his Daddy inside the card.  LOVE.  Pure love.  Just stare at this picture for a second.  Marley.  Bucks.  Picture of Kris and Bucks.  My sister curled up in her chair.  And Grammie.  
Beef Jerky treats for the win.  


I organized my world again.  Sunday prep.  Sunshine on a Sunday with my sister and niece.  Kris, Kali and Gio.  A dinner shared, along with good wine and laughter.  A makeup-less face, braids and one of my favorite hats, hippie dress, and cozy sandals, sitting across from my sister as she smiled and laughed along with me. Pure 100 percent, bliss. 


How was your weekend?

Mine was delicate, pure, and full of goodness.

xoxo

Go get after it---  Here's to you Aunt Ronda and Uncle Wade whom dedicated this song to me at the ripe age of 19, and to this living day, I smile each time I see it. And while I blog today, it's playing in the back ground. 




Lots of love to you.....

Smile.  Smile.  Smile.  Even if you feel like you can't. 

L

No comments: