Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nothing to do...NO where to go......Too HOT for Havasu!

Our friday ended with our chairs on the dock. With temp's near 100 inland...And Havasu peeking at 120...we decided to stay home....with nothing planned..just to chill out and rest...If you also notice my blog notes are at the bottom of the pictures vs. on top. Bill and Kali informed me of this Friday. Guess it's confusing. Sorry for the years I've done the latter...So here it goes...My little display above...honoring those sacrificing for our beautiful Country.....After hitting Costco the night before anticipating our kiddo's and their friends hanging on the harbor with us..only to have wayyyy over purchased when it was just the 3 of us....It was very worth it....kept it simple.

Bill and friends catching a wonderful game of Volleyball on Saturday morning...on such an amazing hot day on the beach! Farmers market is now available across the street walking distance to us...and so Kali and I mingled over after we did a little Farmers shopping....


Our friends....Look at that beautiful day.....


And you wouldn't believe what I am looking at......Woah boy. Bill and Kali......READ BELOW-


Loving my Oprah Magazine....little treat for me....



Bill has been dreaming for last the couple of years on HOW he could scare people cruising so peacefully by on their kayaks....I always shrugged my head...simply because I get scared easy...and I thought NO way would he ever succeed. Welll.....There you have it. His masterpiece...with his partner in crime (Kali). UGH!


Ok...Kali let's figure this out.....hmmmmm


As he gets in the little boat dropping his little anchors...Buddy the Shark fin drifted away..so the partner in crime steps in to pull him back to dockside...oh the fun they had for about 4 hours...


Getting into action....oh my...


Giving tips to Dad....on where it looks best.....


Almost perfect.....


Kali named him "Buddy"- I laughed so hard! Looks like a scene from Flipper!



My little enjoyment of the day? Watching these little crabs grab Cheerios and run back into their homes. So cute.


Mom Puullleeeeze no more pictures! Stalkarazzi mom. Yes. She does have one.


I finally got my way on we were off for a little harbor cruise. The perfect warm sunny day...


The following morning we woke up to this....In the background is our friends Russ and Jodi embarking on a 6 day vacation over to the island....It takes them about 5 hours...Bill and I would be yackin our lunch up in a hurry. Love the meaning of sailing.....my tummy doesn't. The name of their sailboat is "America Jane" So fit for the weekend...


Randy and Carmen live up the harbor and stopped by for a quick chat....They looked so peaceful...

Our friends Sean and Jaymee decided to drive down from Santa Clarita Valley to enjoy the day on the beach..only to drive into our lovely fog...So we decided on a last minute bike ride...via parking in HB...and riding the rest of the way to meet some of their friends in Newport.



Our bike ride down Main St. was absolutely adorable. Almost every house decked their domains with American Pride. A couple houses gave me goosebumps. The true place to visit on The 4th is Huntington Beach. The Patriotnism flows through that city. This is on the parade route. Main St.


Parade route. You can mark your spot anywhere on the sidewalk, no time before July 3rd at 7:00am. Marked spots everywhere with family names...kids sidewalk chalk drawings...showing their spirit..marking their spot, for what they probably believe is the funnest happiest day of the year in their city.


That's days of celebrating....


Peace and LOVE to AMERICA!




You can hardly see the guy in the back...but he is passed out while his labrador sits next to him...Justa waitin' on the partay.....


Old beautiful house with an amazing porch. I love big porches....


This would be Main St. at PCH. True craziness, but all in respect. Awesome crowd. But no Mr. Sun!

The Pier.

Beautiful Jaymee...


The beach. I have never seen so many EZ Ups in one spot ever. The aroma of BBQ's floated through the air.....

That is Bill taking a picture of me THE mama! haha...

So our "Little Bike Ride" turned into through the canals, through the bike paths...in and around people...alleys, boardwalks......all the way into the heart of Newport. Balboa Island....

So we load onto the Ferry...and we hear Bill say "I got's to pee!".....well just make it quick...because we are loading...! haha

Glamour-girl on deck!

Of course I am rummaging through everything I always tend to overpack. Evidence of Motherhood. Bill asked for his phone...

Already to peddle some more...on the neverending bikeride....hahaaa~


On our way home...as we peddle up Main st. we passed Kris and Corey in the show trucks...cruisin' on Main. with their hotties....I didn't catch Kris, couldn't grab my camera in time...but I did manage to catch Corey-bear.

Our Balboa destination "Village Inn Bar"- We met up with Rachel and Jimmy...

This is what the little park in the harbor looked like on The 4th. Packed to the brim. Families coming from afar to BBQ and celebrate on the water....



Bill paddling around in Kayaks....on the 4th..


Kali and Bill enjoying a nice paddle around the harbor.....celebrating our FREEDOM- Hope everyone had a blast doing whatever their hearts desired. Ours was peaceful...with nothing planned and no place we HAD to go.....Cheers to the USA!

No comments: