Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bonfires...Birthday's.......and BIG BEACH WINS!!

Our friday night started with a peaceful margarita happy hour on the dock...followed by a fun bonfire with friends at Bolsa Chica State Beach.... Here's a shot of Bill's smore...burnt nice and toasty...(I've never liked smores..yuk....lol) But they sure look neat being made and served....especially watching those that love them enjoy....

Jodi..the bonfire birthday girl....and her niece from Chicago....

My smore.




I love to see pictures of hugs. Especiall of friends for many years...Carmen and Brenda....it's that feeling of "there you are"....let the fun begin hug....


Carmen and Randy....



Bonfire buddies.....Carmen and I sporting our new FATAL hats....so cute!



6 plus 6. Mr. Jordan is finally 12! We celebrated saturday night after 2 games with Jordan and his family....with good food, wine and yummy cake...lots of laughter too!



Jordan the birthday boy...such a great kid. Of course I filled a box with Fatal goodies...hats, shirts, socks, and stickers...



I hope to celebrate many many more with this boy...I can't wait to compare pictures when he's turning 18, and much much taller than me.....Happy 12th Birthday JoJo. You awesome kid.



On to Sunday's final day for tournament. Pyramid Cup. BEACH Rocked that field!




I know I'm a silly head with "the little things"....but the Corn guy came by with his cart....full of corn, snow cones, and Mango's. I love seeing these guys. A simple cart, with a spray painted sign stating $1.50, and the ever so famous honking hand held horn. Coming from me the germaphobe...it's odd, but yes, I love it. I love to get a corn covered in powdered cheese and chili with a touch of lemon, it's yummy and simple. Well this guy breaks out his mango knife and starts creating these super cute mango flowers on stick, sprinkled with hot chili powder and lime.








Girls...we CAN do this. Work hard. Play hard. It DOES pay.



My view for 2 days...and 4 games. So beautiful. Nothing better than watching my little sweets kick butt out there....and cheering from the sidelines....It's been 10 years and many different fields and seasons of watching her play...driving many many distances near and far....and I know my days are limited..I know the time will come, the cleats will be put up, the soccer chairs emptied from my trunk...no more schedule on my calendar...no more training sessions to drop and pick up from....the many empty water bottles that sometimes litter my backseat and her backpack...just like that...it will end..for now...I say "GO GET EM Kali...." Go get em.


Kali and Mac called as Captains for the start.....let's get this game started.....



Took that win. Just like that.



Game #4 Sunday afternoon. We won....we won...WE WON!!!!


High 5 to our Goalie whom I share a bias love for.... Great girl, great goalie....great saves. WE DID IT! Sheer excitement. Determined hardwork. TEAMWORK PAYS.


My beautiful #6. She's smiling inside still from her beautiful goal. Every goal scored by any girl during our game makes my eyes fill with tears. I'm so happy for them. I could only imagine what that feels like inside as the field gets quickly quiet before the sting, and suddenly the field rants all for you. When Kali scores I try to cheer but I can't because I am crying inside. Eventually my excitement is heard, but for the moment I melt for her. So awesome.....

Forever my CHAMPION. My sweet Miss. Kali. So so proud of her.


Best friends...sharing the VICTORY together.....Mac and Kee-



" Beach Soccer Club" U16 Girls. You showed the entire tournament, families, friends, parents and teammates what the definition of "Triumph" is. So happy for all of you. New girls, new team...looks like the recipe is working!



Yes, you did it. #1.


I worked the checkin booth, and shortly after the trophy was delivered, I stood up to check it out, admiring...all along praying that Kali's team could win this. Just for them. For their spirit. For their hardwork, and the losses they've endured. Just to make this the victory. And they did it. 4 games, 2 days...sunshine, good friends...and the perfect busy weekend-

No comments: