Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Life's a dance...we learn as we go...

My Kris is a LEO filled to the brim. He's always been VERY tenacious. Very eager. Very stubborn...and very money driven. Not that this is a bad thing...not that this is a good thing either. Sometimes, as I've expressed to him many many times...it's ok to be tenacious for things you want and perhaps need...but don't lose the joy in life over too much material things....his surfboard has been staring at him for quite some time....and just recently he's taken it back under his arm...I can't tell you how precious the ocean is, the sand between your toes...I told him get back out there....stare at the ocean...and remind yourself...you are ok. Everything will be ok.


He told me he wakes up every morning "Worried"- Well, I asked "why"? He said "Mom, I really don't know, I just worry about my life..and about my future"- I said "Well that's good...because if you didn't..then you wouldn't get to where you're going"- I also reminded him how important school is. How important it is to save money. To keep his dreams alive, yet priorities in check. He wants to buy a house...he wants to move out...he wants to have his career...and I'm proud. I am proud he worries...It's all part of life.



We all have those days...when we feel like what we do isn't enough. Or that no one recognizes our wishes...our accomplishments....when the skies get dark..and we feel like we aren't getting anywhere....AND SO I REMINDED HIM....There will be days like this....and "This too shall pass"-



I can't recall every step, every moment, that my heart shuttered with worry, over them...over life...over work...(especially)...over health...over LOVE....but it's all really worth it if you can find happiness in the middle. It's all part of life...RIGHT? Enjoy the adventure.
Only a true parent knows the feeling when your child looks at you in the eyes...worried, hurt, or concerned...it breaks our hearts times ten. But worry is part of the cycle. Love them with all you can....teach them that dusting off their knees when they fall is essential. (The first born, has had his dust dusted by Mama. Learning as I go. ahhhhhh.) Never did get that parenting recipe in complete dialogue. hmmmm. For now....I will remind him of how lucky he is-




Work hard, play hard.










No comments: