Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's Fair time......

I've always been petrified of all rides...especially these types...the higher the scarier...I am afraid of heights. OR should I say my insides literally turn upside down and I can't even speak. So scared. But these are so pretty to me....just to see the smiles on everyones faces...the giggles from the kids....the sounds of the music....If you check their website throughout the week, they have various specials..for example last year on one day if you brought a children's book you were granted one free entrance...so check before you head out...pack your camera, pack your sunblock, and a little blanket to plant yourself somewhere grassy...and go make memories...!

A couple of years ago Kali and I did a Mommy/Daughter date at the fair. Just the two of us...and we had a blast. It was nice going along at our own little schedule and our own little pace. We went from one side where the games were, right over to the farm and gardens...we ate to our hearts content...AND then she asked me to get on this skyride. Let me just say...I can't look over, I lose all parental rights and reins. I almost fret to tears. I want off, I can't talk. I am sheer panic stricken. It's awful. Kali laughed, and threatened to rock it until I almost cried....she felt bad after realizing just how scared her strong mommy was. Once I was off, I promised myself...I WILL NEVER put myself through that again. Simple as that. yuck.


Centennial Farms is absolutely adorable. The cutest farm open year round for those with little ones...those interested in Farm or Garden life. This is the place. The cute baby piggies, the mama cows nursing their young...the picture perfect grown zuchinni or super large competition tomatoe....just a really neat part of the fair. While you visit the garden area, stop by the indoor part, and usually on the desk are free handouts of vegetable/fruit seeds. It's the little things....


This year, Kali is interested in goin' with a group of friends....most likely catching a concert...probably enjoying the crazy foods of choice this year such as "Fried Ice Cream, Fried brownies..and the newest "Fried Bacon"- eww. Just saying this makes my tummy hurt....When you're young you can enjoy the craziness of food.....for me? The warm summer nights walking around watching people and the cute little ones dressed with bows in their hair, or overall's on the little boys...full of excitement at being at the fair.....SUMMERTIMES SURPRISES.....

No comments: