Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Proud to be AMERICAN...Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE.....

You must remind yourself each year as you see those Fireworks explode up in the night sky on the ever so exciting 4th of July....what AMERICA....means to you. What our FREEDOM really means. To me? It means the right to speak freely...to raise our children the way WE want..the right to vote. The right to roam the lakes and beaches of my state...to enjoy parades...while munching on whatever BBQ'd food of my desire. Buying WHAT ever I want...WHEN ever I want to. It's all about the right to be free. Although some things I don't agree on (Usually politically tainted)...I still appreciate the cost of the State Beaches, our tax dollars that allow our streets to be lit. Our Beach bathrooms to be cleaned and trashes emptied. Governed to keep scary things away. As much as we all struggle with authority, I appreciate it. I truly am so glad to BE AN AMERICAN! It all starts by keeping PEACE In America too......
















Some fun facts : Did you know The 4th of July was finally declared a holiday in 1941? Did you know the stars on the first American flag were arranged in a circle
to ensure that all Colonies were equal? The words Under God were not added to The Pledge of Allegiance until 1954-And over 74 Million Americans will BBQ on the 4th! Cheers!


Every year, as a child.....I'd see these displays...and start the count down. It was almost something close to Christmas....just waiting for that nightfall. And then the count down of the day waiting for the sun to set....the water bucket full for safety. I loved it. I miss those exciting memories. I remember my parents allowing this splurge of a night....just enough to have fun....even as I child I knew that money was precious. These fireworks were like burning money in the street...but my parents knew what it meant to my sister and I. Remember these fireworks you'd have to hammer to the tree? Crossing your fingers they'd spin..... My dad would let us get 2. haha.












My favorite firework is the Flowers. The silly-ness of them...the hizzing sound...the craziness of them getting sideways.....maybe even landing in the curb....maybe even close to the worms we'd just burnt out on the curb. (I think that fun came from the allowance to play with fire....) sighhh....Where'd the time go? Now? We head out of town...or we celebrate at the beach...on the dock...and fireworks aren't allowed in Seal or Huntington...or Havasu. So it's kind of a tradition that has faded for Kali. I will always cherish the sights..the sounds...and the wild smell of the firework musty smellll.....and the shamefull air the next day......uhhhh....

No comments: