Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Finals....Yearbooks...happily returning books.....SUMMER IS HERE!

Finally.....the nerves can rest...the books are returned...the yearbook is full....(wow..the funny stories I've read...Sorry Kali..maybe some I shouldn't have....but will love to watch her read later in life...uhh boys...) She studied in groups, she studied in her room, in the kitchen and in the car....but she pulled through...and did so well. We are so happy her FRESHMAN year is complete.....Every year I write her teachers a Thank You note expressing how their teachings, influence, patience and perseverance allow my kids an opportunity to take many things along their path. It might not always be their lesson...but sometimes, discussion, sometimes their heart..their vibe... Children may not always hear what they say...but they will always remember how they felt. Teachers may not feel appreciated at times...I always give my thanks, and always remind my kids to respect and appreciate our right to be taught. Kali's teachers wrote back, via email..and expressed "what an amazing student she is..."- "how sweet she is"- "how dedicated she is"- And how appreciated that simple email is...just saying thanks! Remember everyone...it's the little things...I cannot encourage your enough to do the same...It will take you 10 minutes.... Make a teacher smile. (only if you mean it...lol) Cheers to the end of the year...! Here she is at Kindergarten Award day....Honor Roll....and toothless.....little sweet pea....Lakewood Christian School-


She said there are tears of happiness and some tears of sadness as the year came to an end. She loves her friends, she loves her group...hanging on "Freshman Hill" at lunch...it's just the sweet memories she's kissed good-bye...but she's really stoked about Summer fun. She has quite a big group of kids she hangs with, plays sports with...and I'm sure they will all stay together...Mama THE CAB driver better be ready......She's most excited about being a sophmore...and D.R.I.V.I.N.G. - that scarrreeesss me.


Still love this picture....it reminds me of so many things....today..it reminds me of "So long...Freshman year!"



Freshman dance.....with her groupies.....


She has Soccer Camp which started today....we will make visits to the Lake, visits to the mountains....and many visits on the beach....Summertime, oh how we've missed you....


No comments: