Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Can I just slow the clock down....?





My Dad turned 61 yesterday....as I spoke with him..it was just another day...actually a very rainy day. He mentioned to me that it rains on his birthday just about every year. I really didn't know how to take that, other than while I spoke with him and he walked out into the forest around his house...(probably to smoke a cigarette.....) I could hear the rain. I could hear peace. I sensed he was peaceful. I always hope so. I do feel that he misses me. He will sometimes say he does and it melts my heart. I do know as we hang up after some calls, he does tear up. I do too.







His birthday lands right in front of Fathers Day. And it's always the question of "what to buy"-But I just do what I think will work, buy what I think he likes...and always write him a note of LOVE.




When we were young, my parents were young. My parents gave us what they could. They gave up alot of their youth to be parents..I wrote my dad a letter a few years back letting him know of all things buried deep in my heart just in case there was a chance I could never let him know. He worked very hard for us. He taught me more about life than any teacher could have. I cherish and thank him for all that he's taught me. life can be complicated I do know that. But my dad has always taught me to be a good girl, work hard, and stand up for what is right. I am made of my dad that's for sure. We will stick up for what's right and give you everything in our soul. Love and respect is priority. I'm so glad to call you Dad. I love you....Happy Birthday Dad.




I moved out at 17. I started off very independent, always had to be. But when I'm in my blue days...I miss the chance to pull in my parents driveway..to walk in their house to have dinner...or just sit across from them to hear an opinion or advice. I miss the chance to eat my mom's amazing food, or my dad's famous Spaghetti. Their fried chicken that is so amazing. The laid back mountain demeanor has something to be said. It's not easy to drive 9 hours or fly 1...it's simply not easy right now with a daughter so involved in every aspect of sports, social and school. But in time I will get there...I just wish I could slow down the clock. I love you Dad. I miss you more.



1 comment:

nichollehammond said...

Your stories and your words leave a lasting impression Lisa. Thank you for uplifting me and everyone who reads your words...YOU are a writer..(smiley face). I am so happy to see a pic of your dad..great stories and the good times that you have shared are complete in my mind. Did I say thank you?..thank YOU..