Monday, June 27, 2011

Family...Flowers...Farmers Market...Friends...and Fish.....I LOVE SUMMER!

Well....it finally happened... my 3rd camera gave me a heart attack when the pictures I took of my saturday morning meeting with a long-time family friend "Uncle Bill" from Carson City, NV...were deleted....or at least not copy available...broke my heart. Simply because it's part of my dad. And they are lost...for nowwwww. ughhk! I took them for my dad....and now I can't get them off or view them. My Dads bestfriend since I was 1....comes down every year to the Marine/Fishing Swapmeet on PCH and Anderson St. It's literally a super short walk from our house. He travels a great distance...and when I'm in town...and not attending Soccer....I meet him. I sit and chat...I get caught up with his life...and he with mine... He sells Fishing Rods and Reels....Ol' Skool Skateboards...and boat parts. I brought him some organic grapes to enjoy on his ride home...and helped one of his buyers get a boat part down to the dock...and just like that....he was gone. When Kali and I got back home...Bill was anxiously waiting for us to take a boat ride over to Yard House for a yummy lunch.... The idle out....





My sweet Teen. Oh am I holding on to these years. Yes, it does fly.






Silly









Sugar plum






"Mom....we must get rid of those white glasses." "I know Kali...!"Blahhhaaaahaaaaa!






I think he's sayin "I've had them for 10 years girls...and I ain't partin' with em now"! Well...we will continue our bantering I'm sure. Sorry. Love u.





My favorite restaurant for breakfast in Seal Beach. I order Steamed Spinach...with a side of their Ground Turkey Scrambled Hash and wheat toast. Homemade Jam's there are delish! It's just the perfect little breakfast. YUM!






So off to Farmer's Market we go. In Long Beach. The perfect little spot. Take along a good cup of Joe...and walk around with those you love. Or alone. Take your own bags...and enjoy. It's simply perfect. Live music scattered here and there....and little stands selling the true-ness of homemade.





One of my favorite flowers. Gerbera Daisy's.






He loves me, he loves me not. He loves me.....






It's all about the display. I will buy any herb, from any seller that display's in a wicker basket. Ahem...It is the little things....afterall.







One of my other fav' flowers. Peace just in the name Lavender.





The prettiest array of sweet baby tomatoes on the vine.....






The most robust crop of gigantic CARROTS. Wow.






If it was winter or fall....Bill would use these in his famous Carrot Soup. Super awesome.






The one and only Farmers Market Apple design guy....So cute. So sweet. Love this. Made for Kali.





Apple Bird.






Isn't this the prettiest display of Blackberries, Blueberries and Raspberries...?






It makes me want to make that cake I've seen before...with the layers of whippin' cream and the American Flag represented with berries. So cute. So cute.






A neighbor was throwing out this old Picklin' jar...and I asked to keep. I actually want to take to Havasu or leave at the beach cottage for rolled up blankets for sitting by the fire one day...but for now...? I've added some flowers for smiles...Kali and I planted a flat by the dock...and they look so happy. As we drove down to Home Depot...we notice a lunch truck depot goin' on. Hmmm...We've always wanted to give it a try....





And so we did....Kris tried the SlapFish truck...and had the Lobster Popcycle. Pretty yummy. Pretty pricey too. This truck below was a waffle truck. The topping was your choice of ice-cream, with Banana's and strawberries..and of course all the toppings....LOOKED Delish.





Back onto the dock. This little guy could barely keep his eyes open.










And our little octupus friend was exploring all over....






Isn't he awesome?





Kali and Mac caught a little guy....released quickly after....





This crab lives in the last little cubby on the dock. I sit out here and read my books or magazines and he cruises all over....but it's one of those things...it's only a little something you can describe, yet never get close enough to take a picture of. Well...Kali did. So sweet.






Kris' first catch of the day.... A little shark.





Ready to release.....Thanks for the thrill buddy.






Kris' second catch of the day.... a Bat Ray. These guys are so neat.




Just some quick pic's and you are almost ready dude.





And you're off.....






And our weekend came to an end....The sun shining, my sweets on the dock with me.....nature in full swing.






My favorite bird the Pelican. Their wing span seems to be about 4-5 feet wide...and they fly with grace and courage above everyone. Cheers to another blessed fun weekend......I love life. It is flying by. I do know that for sure. Play hard. Work hard. And enjoy it while we can. And remember as I say over and over again- Add the little things in life...for yourself, your love, your kids...along with friends and family....the homeless or a stranger....keep the little things in front...I DO know it means more than you may know. Sometimes I may think Bill isn't watchin'...or listening (which I laugh at alot...he's engineering something in his head as I ramble on like a little fish...) but they are...he is. The little notes we might think are corny at first...? Try it. It's an instant free smile. Guys seem grabble on the outside...but truly on the inside they yearn for the little things too....it's just hard for them to ask....And for my GUY followers...you know the most simple spots could use a surprise love note. In her car...or in her purse...just do it....And our kids? Well it all starts with us.





No comments: