Saturday, January 8, 2011

Los Al vs. Huntington Beach High and..my favorite Health Sandwich bar...Jan 2011

We tied...therefore our Coach came down on the girls. So their departure bus ride home..from what I hear was very quiet. They are still so beautiful...Go Lady Griffins! You played tough. HB played a little dirty. And 2 more knucklehead ref's didn't help. Don't know where Kali is in this shot. Probably better she didn't see me in there grabbing a shot. Depending on her mood for the moment..sometimes I get the eye...and sometimes I get a beautiful smile. ahhh hormones...yawn. There's Kali. She played tough.
And our beautiful goalie Savannah....

The highlight of this game was I knew the minute it was over I would run over to Main. St. and grab my favorite sandwich special at a place that I've been going to since I was Kali's age. Jan's Health Bar in Huntington Beach..at one point was located inside Huntington Surf and Sport. But when I was little my parents would take us there, and I can't remember exactly where. Jan was ALWAYS there, the place was ALWAYS packed and the food is amazing. The smoothies are amazing..and the Surfer Special is the hit. You get half sandwich with soup. And Havachips (which are super yummy). Well, Jan sold out the store. A few weeks ago Kali and I stopped in for lunch and I asked where she was, after I noticed it was repainted, new brightly lit un-Jan like signs, and NO JAN! She sold to a former employee. There are two pictures up. The same food, but the vibe just feels different. Anybody in the area, it's on Main St. up by the bike shop. And the food is delish!



There's Jan in the middle with her legs crossed. One of the two pictures left in her health bar. I guess the feeling reminds me of my parents. Now the room is painted bright green. Gusto! lol

After I leave the sandwich shop I decide to take PCH home, to meet the bus back at the high school. Well...this is my view as I'm heading up Main. Then I get to PCH and I sit in awe at the light. I pulled down into the parking lot, jumped out and grabbed a few shots. The ocean was being rained on. However Catalina had what looked like sunny beautiful sky.




Mother Nature. You simply amaze me. Rain pouring onto the ocean. Surfers and paddle boarders still out there getting their groove on. Brah!




You can see the Island. Those aren't clouds on the bottom portion. That's the island.





And yes, I was about 10 minutes late to pick up Kali. uh oh....


No comments: