Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last date night of 2010...and CAN WE GET A CAB?

After our picnic on the beach...with margarita's in tow...we headed home.
I was cozy of course. Totally cozy with my black leggings, long flowing black shirt...but it was only 3pm. Kali had plans, Kris of course too. And there we sat. Bill said "hun, I'm taking you out on the town". I was, at first a little hesitant, only because Kali was at her first party...close by, and Kris was heading to Downtown LA to a Rave. Don't know why...I just felt more safer staying in...just in case..One of them needed us. But he said, nope! Get ready let's go. At first his mission, was Downtown LB to visit YardHouse. And bar hop down there...but as we boarded the cab I asked if we can just stay local. Of course he said...yes...Main St. Seal Beach.
On our patio. Trying out my new camera. On the timer.
At 320 on Main. THE BEST Garlic fries, I've ever had. And yes they lingered until last night.


Evidence..better yet our breath was.


Their signature News Years Eve drink. Champagne mixed with something. It was terrible. Can you tell? haha.




I stole my kiss before midnight. I love kisses. And by the fireplace...priceless.




Our favorite beer. By the fire.




We were draped with New Years garb the minute we walked in, making the festive mood. I sat there reflecting on how fast 2010 went. It really blazed by.




So....as we filled up with cocktails, dinner, long day of really doing nothing..and just getting plain lazy...me requesting to head home to watch the ball drop, making our own cocktails, jumping in the jacuzzi, he agreed. We called the cab company that dropped us off. The name on the card given to us at departure was "Mahalfi". Well, we called Mahalfi...no answer, ring, ring ring...no answer. Left a polite message, no answer. So we call The Cab Company...busy busy busy signals.. To no prevail could we get a cab! At first, I laughed, I thought oh my gosh, this is weird. Then an hour later of still no answers, busy signals, Mahalfi not answering...I was getting scared. I thought "are we gonna have to walk home over the bridge?" haha. So we sat there...scratching our heads...well..drinking actually. Bill would step outside, try again...then FINALLY, I just ordered a Corona...and I see him waving arms running towards me "I got one" come on! It dawned on me the next morning...I didn't pay my bill on that one Corona! I will go back and make good. Karma. But I do have a whole different outlook on cabs on New Years Eve...









No comments: