Thursday, January 13, 2011

The little free things in life.....

This morning after a restless night of sleep...thank you hormones- yawn...Or Bill's snoring, or the sirens on the street...yawn. Last view of the digital clock rolled into 1am...I finally got up at 6am, to stumble across to my coffee cup/best friend and made a beautiful breakfast for my little family. I had this meloncholy moment while sitting at my computer checking banking. Notes: Little notes that we leave eachother. Notes that my kids leave me. Notes that Bill has always left me. They mean so much. Notes cost nothing. Notes make a quick smile. Notes can be left anywhere...anytime. Just do it. Try it. I put them in Kali's lunch. I leave them by the coffee maker for Bill, and he for me. This little note below is a first note from Kris when he was in the 5th grade. Out riding his bike. Brought it home. It has set on my desk at home since. Notes can be written on papertowels, or scrap paper. It will always lighten my day when I'm exhausted, or blue. Note of "Thanks" from Kali. And yes, she has really needed alot of reminders, and help lately...and "She's very welcome". lol


Hope you can try these little things that cost nothing, and will make someones heart melt, and soul smile. As I was walking into Starbucks (Yes, Bill... Starbucks..lol! my evil tradition) a young girl was exiting, most likely headed to school. With all her gear, all her bags and books, she held the door open for me. She smiled sooo big, and gave me a nice reminder of that little free gift too. Smile. Smiling at someone can enlighten you and them. In an instant!
Is it almost friday? I'm soooo ready for the weekend.


No comments: