Thursday, January 20, 2011

BOARDIN'...BENCHED...AND BRINGING IT ON!

Kali gets a phone call on Sunday around noon, with an invite to go boardin' in Big Bear with her besties. She hadn't heard from Coach about Monday's practice yet, so I told her to be proactive..text Coach letting her know she has an opportunity to go boardin'. Within 30 minutes they all get a mandatory.."Practice tomorrow from 11:30-1:30" She also responds to Kali, Kelly and Mackenzie..."If you girls don't make it to practice, you won't start, and possibly won't play at all". The girls chose boardin'...after all, they'd already started getting their gear out, tickets purchased. Consequences were worth it at that point. However you know when Kali got home at 8pm on Monday...she was a complete mess with worry...of what would come the next day. Kali does not defy elders, coaches...teachers... BUT... They had a blast. They work so hard at school, on the field, at practice. Here they are on the lift...(Thank goodness Kelly takes lot's of pic's too). Freshman days...on the mountain...with her besties....GOOD TIMES.....
What a beautiful day it was for them too.....


ON THE B.E.N.C.H. Coach was a little dry at first. Kali did get to play...but she knew Coach wasn't happy with their choice....I told Kali on the way to school that morning.."This too shall pass".



Here's the JV Boys Soccer team. They come out after their practice ends to cheer on our girls. Their spirit keeps the girls on their toes. Hmmm probably a girl/guy thing....I think the girls love it.


I walked over to take of pic of them when the next girl was warming up to go in...and I look over and it's my Kali...Good timing huh? So cute. Hey...is that guy trying to spank my Kali..What? lol!



During the week of games, as you know...Pasta Parties are the structure that keeps the girls together in bonding, good food, fun games..and about 2 hours of complete craziness. Here's the front door of the Joslyn's. Shoes, and bags and more bags inside....






Meet "Chubby". He's their cat. He's super friendly..and super big. He was so happy to open his home to all the soccer girls...




Full tummy's waiting for the games to begin...




Kali, Sara, Carlie and Mackenzie......



.....Beautiful!





More beautifulness!





Kali caught one of me with the girls....The photographer gets in!





We beat out Edison 1-0. Tough Tough game. Our RIVALS. And they're good.




We had games on Tues and Thurs this week. Tuesday's game was home...Today's game was in Fountain Valley. Bill and I make every single game. We simply love it. Bill bought me this nice cart to haul the bench, first aid bag..chair...basically everything on. We arrive at our away games and look like pack mules. And all that know Bill, he's on his phone working alot...There's my pack mule, working, and walking. I had my purse and water. I offered a few times and he insisted to pull it.




At Half.....Good but a little sad news...to me. We beat them 12-0. For High School Soccer, in our division, that's not good. Someone at that school needs to re-look at that team or coaching staff. It just melts my heart to get to 7...much less 12, and the other girls seem work so hard. I guess that's life I tell myself. It still makes me sad for them.


GO LADY GRIFFINS! You simply ROCK!



No comments: