Thursday, December 19, 2019

The Truth.

Tis' the season for all my emotions.



Happens to me every single year.

Overwhelmed with pleasing everyone.

Overwhelmed with grief.

Overwhelmed with wonder.

Overwhelmed with worry.

Never taking the real moments I preach about to heart. 

Not stopping to stare at Christmas lights with a full heart.

A rushed heart.

A tattered feeling.




Something I've fought off for many years. Not just the last 4.  

I've battled seasonal sadness for as long as I remember.

Maybe it's the cold.

Maybe it's the changes.

Maybe it's the fears. 

Good gawd, I can't wait for the sunshine behind the clouds.


Wishing for PEACE.  For LOVE. And for healed hearts full of forgiveness. 

My aunt Susie told me last weekend as she hugged me some important words.  

Let the small shit go, and move in. Not MOVE ON, but to move in. Move closer to those you love and that love you.

This life is too fast.  We aren't guaranteed tomorrow, and most certainly aren't guaranteed next year and the year after that-

We've got to pull it together.

One shot.

  



My best,

This Mama Lisa


No comments: