Wednesday, December 18, 2019

The First Call.

We had a fun weekend surrounded by friends, family and lots of laughter.  

Those moments I soak up because both my birdies were present and able.  

Any time I see Kris around crowds, and or cold weather conditions my radar of sickness comes into play.  It's almost a sick joke I put myself through.  I quietly hover.  I stuff antibacterial wipes into his pocket.  I remind him to keep his hands away from his face, eyes, nose etc.  *Fist bumps are the latest trend up in herrrrrr

Monday morning was gonna be a full one.  With a meeting with him at noon in Downtown LB, reviewing some important things he's taking care of.  . 

I received a text at 6:45am Monday. "Mom, I think I have strep, I can hardly swallow"-

The mama warrior immediately calls to go down check list.  Fever? Chills?  When did it start?

Calls to make appointments, and soon I'd be hauling ass down the 605 Fwy to scoop him up for urgent care.

I'll never put down my warrior bag. And if you wonder if I still shit my pants with each of those calls and texts? 

The answer is yes. 

Especially when he's trying so hard to just live normal. 

Same with me.

Trying to live this fast life for what it is.

Let worry go.

Rely on prayer. 

And Faith. 

Sometimes those don't coincide. 

But he moves on.  And ALWAYS with a kind smile to those serving him. 

Loved the doctor at Urgent Care.  Wanna know why?  Because she listened to me.  She took my momcologist advice for meds to increase.  She heard me out about how one med conflicts with his anti-nausea with possible heart issues.   She took her time with him.  With me.  With us.  She dealt out compassion to me.  She swabbed his throat, ordered 5 new meds and back out the door we'd go. 



This week I've been on feeding, cleaning and lots of praying mode.  

Slicing through bullshit, emails, and those little things that don't matter.

Holding tight to my lover.  Smiling across the kitchen table with a crooked smile even though I want to cry.

Wait a minute, I have cried. 

Lots. 

This life.

One moment you can walk the line of fun, while the next can be tending to those you love.

Kris, we've got this.

Just keep your hands away from your face.  And listen up kids....IF YOU'RE SICK, STAY IN. Remember the people out there with no immune system that can't kick those germies to the side.

Hope you're jamming away during this holiday season.  

Don't take your health for granted.  Take a moment to stare at yourself in the mirror and readjust your energy of what you don't have and be grateful for what you DO have. 

Health is number one. 

My babies are forever NUMBER ONE.

Even if the first call on a early Monday morning was to jump back in the ring--



This Mama Lisa


The Nursing Crew



No comments: