Friday, October 4, 2019

The Cool Air. The Sun Shines So Bright.

Well, we made it to Friday!  I've grazed like a cow all week.  I've cried more in my car driving than the last few weeks, because, well....baaaaby shark doo doo doo doo....
I know, I'm a drama queen.  Riddled with a lack of hormones, and a body that is shifting into new gears.  A body that runs hotter than a griddle at night, and can cut through bullshit with her tongue in two seconds flat come morning. 

I am on one setting- FULL THROTTLE.

#FOCUSED 

I have things to accomplish, and ain't no knucklehead gonna stop me. HA!

Hear me though....I don't like the feeling.

I wish I could sip martini's and good wine and toss my hair back over my shoulders and laugh at the world. 

The truth is, you can't hide from reality.  Your soul and your vibe is what you make it to be.  Some mornings I literally feel like I can't walk out of the house.  Like I want to get back under the sheets and hide from the world.  And then I remember, I have two birdies to prove what hard work offers. 

Look at our son.  A guy that has literally walked through the rusty gates of hell, and slithered back out.  And still gets up EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.  And NEVER EVER EVERRRRR complains.
I think I heard him say to ME, ONCE in 2019 "Mom, I'm just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired"-
And yet he forged through.  Looking for his good days.  Enjoying cactus, bunnies, dogs and his family.  Mingling with friends here and there. 

So, you know, Mama gets her shiz together, and rolls on through.  Making the beautiful days to come, worth it.  

I hugged my daughter tight last night before dinner, as she shared a very scary dream she had the night before..a dream that felt so real.  I was kidnapped.  Her story of this dream proved the fear that we all have of loss.  Of trauma.  This dream lingered on her all day.  She said it was so real.  

Her fear of loss.

I told her these fears are underlying pages our body is trying to protect us from.  

I remind her every week to stay off her phone while getting gas, walking to and from stores as she loads groceries.  To not be a dingaling to become a victim.  To stay vigilant. 

We had such a beautiful dinner last night.  Their words "nothin' like mama's taco's" make my heart strings sing.  

I was telling Carmen a couple weeks ago, that I love to watch those I love eat the food I cook, solely for the smile or happiness on their faces.  It makes it all worth it. 

Sitting around the table last night with Bill, Kris, Kali, Grant and the dogs and cat-  The Eve of my favorite day of the week.....

Together, and well.

We listened as Kris went on and on about fishing, cactus, politics, and work.  

Kali following Mozy around outside as she explored and followed bugs at her content. 

Grants golf game with his dad before joining us.

Closing out a week filled with new pages.  Pages we've written. Together. And yet some in silence alone.  

I wish you all a cozy weekend, and one filled with, as my bestie Shelley says "sipping coffee from an open cup"-  
Make the recipe you've wanted to try...
I'm making this -



May you sip from a good wine glass (seriously nothing better, the thinner and sexier the glass, the better...).  Clink with those you love.  

Be safe, and smile through the chaos!  

Better days are ahead!  

Dun-dun-dun-dun....Shark in the water, GET OUT! hahahhahaha!!!

All my sass, and love!

This Mama Lisa

I know I sound like the Earth lovin', Tree Huggin Hippy, but please check out how shiny the afternoon sun is during these Fall weeks...

So pretty! 




Forever, and ever, until the end of our time....xoxo 

It's you and me baby cakes....

No comments: