Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Happy Birthday Mom- Seventy

I have been pondering on the word seventy for the last couple of weeks.  I can remember my mom telling me she was so worried about taking her written test at the DMV this year, and just how scared she was to fail.  I expressed over and over to study, and that she wouldn't.

It soon came to realization that she is turning 70. 

I've always expressed to those around me, it's just a number.

But for some reason, it haunts me to think she's growing older.  
A stain of guilt on my soul for not staying physically closer to her. 
Imperfect families, yet love runs deep. 
The thought of not being able to chat with her, or even hug her haunts me.

Action.

Life. 

Chapters.

Regrets, and yet motive. 


Just act like you don't see the piece of picture missing from her forehead. LOL



My mom had us really young, so she was always the young mom.  The mom that really wasn't super stoked to be a young mom, or a mom in general, but she gave all she had. Literally. 


Mike and Pam 1992


The only thing that stood in front of my sister and I, was her aerobic classes back in the 80's.  There was no stopping her and her leotards.  

She cooked every single night. Even the nights of blur when our dad tipped way too many brews back.  She cooked.  She packed up the car every Friday afternoon so us three girls would stand and sit in that local laundrymat to do our laundry.  We never had dishwashers or the luxury of luxury. We cleaned. She cleaned.  


My dad has one tattoo, and that tattoo is a bumble bee.  A bee representing the woman he married at the tender age of 18 & 19.  A girl he met in middle school.  Fell in love and took her through some pretty wild chapters.

She has always been the busy bee.

Same mama, same. 

 She has always been such a beautiful woman.  Deep down I think she feels like she missed out on the glamour of being a young woman.  Single and willing to mingle. jk

She gave.  She provided.  She would flip a blinker on or off when she was mad while driving and I'd swear it would almost break off.  HAHA!  #oldpontiac

She loved.

She always made sure to provide all the necessary deeds for her little family of four. 



On our birthday's we'd get her homemade chocolate cake, and well, she'd never want any fuss on hers. 

Happy Birthday to our Libra Mom. 

A wizard in the kitchen.  Can whip up an apple pie, homemade crust included, with her eyes closed.

Not the nurturing type, but what she taught me is STRENGTH.  I have a fierce demeanor or protection, love and nurturing to my family. 

I try and find the right card every year.  The truth is, the only words that can honestly come out of my mouth to her is THANK YOU.  Her reasons of being a mother are different than what, and how we all do the task nowadays.  

I hope she allows the love to flow in today.  I hope this day offers her sunshine (she loathes heat and too cold of weather)-

I hope the sun shines bright and her hair feels extra pretty today....

She's a tiny little shiny star. 

Happy Birthday Mom!  I love you....

When I think of you celebrating up on your hill with Dad, I imagine this is YOUR slice of a good time!  









May you stay healthy and able for many more years to come.  


This song always reminds me of you. 


Miss you.

Toot Toot Heyyy Beep Beep!


Lisa Lynn 

No comments: