Friday, October 11, 2019

Friday Reminder

More and more as I learn about my birdies and their differences, I see why and how they attribute to their successes, and at times small failures. Nothing dramatic, but to them, whatever it may be...
A failure.
And how each one of them transpose the difference, and how they view each success and failure in their own interpretation. 

So interesting.

One is so hard on herself. While, the other views this life with a different set of lenses.

Shrugging off small petty, and yet absorbing the simple parts in beauty.
In plants.
In animals.
Putting himself through school two nights a week.  Choosing to advance his career as he moves through healing and all the changes that come with it. 

The other is grinding to the top, in leadership and corporate focus. 



What they don't know is the older you get, the more you understand that the BIG things in their lives right now aren't as BIG as they grow older. 


Take for instance, Kali.  She's Miss. Prompt Patty, and if she's running late anywhere, WATCH the F out.  In Kali's eyes, if you're on time, you're late.  She's the most prompt in our family.  It's her jam, and I'm not complaining.  





There are times I have to remind her that it's okay to make small mistakes.  It's okay to be late if it's not your fault.  It's okay to be honest with your self.  With your colleagues, and even your boss!




This week she came down with a bad cold.  The kind that starts off as a bad headache and soon rolls into a bad sore throat, and body ache, stuffy head, etc.  
Her week had a mid week baby shower (for one of her bosses) and a couple important meetings, all of which aren't dis-countable in her eyes. 

They sent her home on Tues at 1:00pm.  Not wanting to get her pregnant boss sick, it was the best idea to get home and get into bed.

She was home again on Wed.  

Thursday morning my phone starts to ring at 7:03am.  She's in complete freak the hell out mode.  MOM, I SLEPT THROUGH MY ALARM!!!




Mom: Um, yea, you're not feeling good honey...that happens!  

Kali:  Mom, I can't believe I have to tell my bosses I over slept! That's the lamest thing ever! My biggest pet peeve...

Mom:  Kali, I know this.  They will learn this about you.  You've been home sick, you've never been late....it's OKAY!

Kali:  Mom, I had the worse night I didn't sleep and I don't feel good, but I need to go in and show up just because I didn't call, and they're not replying to my texts'. 



The small lessons in this life.  

Be who you are. 

Forgive the moment. 

Things pass.

They'll eventually get to know just how punctual Kali is.  I'm actually sure they know this about her. Her biggest worry is sleeping through an alarm (i think we all worry about this)-


She gives 150% with whatever she does -  

She called me while driving in, just because she needed the affirmation that "It's all okay"-

Things happen.

Her mom reminding her that life is too fast.  Be a hard worker.  Be loyal to those you should be loyal to, and the rest will fall into place. 

This day, 1 month from now won't be the big deal it was at 7:am this morning.




Life moves on. 

Fridays come and go.  

Just like Monday's.  You get through.





Thanks for listening she said----


It's what moms can do.  It's what we teach.  And show. And set examples for. 


Can't always say I've been Prompt Patty, but I do like excellent attendance. 

And for that.... I say, YOU GO GIRL!


No excuses!

Happy Freaking Friday!

Wash yo hands kids, and keep your fingers away from your FACE!
No teeth pickin', eye wipin, unless your hands are clean!
AND, don't share drinks! HAHAHA!

Be grateful you can heal, because some folks never get that chance.






"Race to the top, or race to the bottom-Either way you will win" 

Up to you-  Just don't give up. 

Ever- EVER!


Goodness gracious I hope you both know how much I love you....



PS-  I often think of this blog as my book and long open letter to them.  Something I hope they can look back upon for the rest of their lives.  And mine.  xo 
Hang in there with me kids haha. 


No comments: