Monday, June 18, 2018

The Reset Button

I am the last one in the family to make any sort of appointment. For myself.

The only one I "torture" myself with, is a hair appointment. 

I loathe salons. 

Spending any of my precious time off in a salon chair is like washing a cat for me.

For the last couple of months I have been losing globs and globs of hair.  And when I say lots, I mean, ALOT.
Granted I was gifted with a massive amount of hair, and so those globs of hair are really not too noticeable.  For you.
But for me, it is. 
When I had Bill pick up my pony tail last week, he agreed.

The floors are lined with hair.  Our bed is filled with hair.  Yes, gross. And double EW when it gets in your toes. yuck.

It's e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.  

My hairdresser mentioned it to me last month, and again this month.  

So I made an appointment. 

For labs.  For a Lisa checkup. 

The outcome is what we all kinda suspected.  

Stress.

I will change my shampoo's, conditioners, and all hair products to organic and chemical free where and when I can. 

When I walked into my doctors office, and hugged my nurse (whom I love so much "Maria") I started to cry.  Not sure why the emotions ran so high, but I just felt overwhelmed. 

I am going to do everything I possibly can to let things go.

To get back to my yoga. 

To step back from things and places that give me stress (hello, can't leave work, but will try hard to ease my load, and delegate just a tad bit more...wish me luck!)

Friday morning I sat in my favorite juice bar.  Texting my littlest birdie.  



Praying.

Smiling at strangers.

Reminding myself, just how fast this life is. 

Losing lots of hair is one thing.  But the hypertension I suffer from must get in control.

It's all up to me. 



It's all up to me to filter the goodness from bullshit.

The kindness from the evil.

Maybe I need to step away and breathe often.

Put my phone away?

Delete emails?  LOL jk

Can't go bald kids.

Bald aannnnd a big nose?

Oh, no bueno.

To Shelley who came over and sat dockside with me in pure laughter, chats, good wine, good eats, and lots and lots of love. Gracias

Was intending on a Father's Day Blog post on Friday.  One for my dad, and one for the man that stepped into my life taking on 2 extra's.  But, really...you kinda all know.

He's rad.

My dad is too. 

Hope this week is good. 

Today we say our final farewells to Ricky (Bill's brother)- 

More emotions to fill the pot!


Love,

This Mama Lisa

No comments: