Friday, June 22, 2018

The Friday Light

Another long week coming to a close. 

And just like all of you, we forge through the things that help us survive.  We mesh things together to make a living.  We tolerate things and the moments we must pass through to pay bills.  Also to teach. 

Learn.

And heal.

So the weekend is here for those moments to reset. 

To step back for a moment.

OR....to step forward, and hang with those we love.  

For me, I make the time to cook quietly alone. 

Pondering all the things that make my future worthwhile.

I pray for our daughter whom is navigating changes in her heart. Working. Commuting. Co-living with roommates. Missing her boyfriend during the week, and dreaming back to the college days of "Taco Tuesday", and fun nights together with friends until the wee hours.
Not realizing that college comes to a close and adulting smacks ya quickly and abruptly on the cheeks.
She's always figured things out the right way.  Only now mama is standing back with sweet praise, and lots of "you can do this" vibes.  At times I know she feels lost. And frustrated.

Don't we all. 

I pray for my son and his health. I pray for his well-being and the life he deserves.  

I pray for my best friend and lover Bill to feel good, and pain free in his body and spirit. 

I laugh when I gather with friends whom join me on our dock and laugh until we can't laugh anymore...or we SOMEHOW end up in Mother's Tavern for "just one" which turns into more dancing and music.


We toss peanuts on the floor while forgetting the many little shadows of stress. 

Friday.

The weekend.

I hope it's good to you.


Just be kind.

"You can't pour from an empty cup, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST"

(As Shelley is nodding her head yes to me)


This Mama Lisa


ps.  Speaking of Shelley, look up the song Shelley "One Headlight" by The Wallflowers.
You're welcome.
And I love u. 
xo

No comments: