Friday, June 29, 2018

Givers Of Love.

Do any of you have that one friend (neighbor) you share little sweet surprises with?

Days, weeks, and sometimes a month or two will flow by and we see one another just enough for a wave.

Erica. 


During the big storm we endured of 2015-2016 she was the friend that left food on my porch every.single.morning before I left for City Of Hope.  
She never asked for acknowledgement.  She just left love.
Foot steps so quiet, to and from. 

During the holidays and colder months, for some reason or other, we leave socks for each other. 

Sometimes I'll cut flower sprigs and leave em on her porch, or she'll see something while out shopping (cute vase that says Tweet in honor of my birdies).
We just leave little things when we can.
(she's an amazing cook and appetizer maker, so I get samples)
 Her Carrot Cake is ballztothewallz. Woah. 

Kinda funny, because we have similar taste.  Simple and cozy. 

The other night she walked over with tacos as I watered.  

The next day I'd leave veggies from Kris' garden. 

Small tokens of love, but more the gesture than the offering itself.

She sent me this today and it made me really reflect on the relationship we've had for the past 15+ years.


Watching our children grow.  Watching them navigate the new driving phase.  Watching them go through new dating and heartbreak.  My long tales of heartbreak when Kali was leaving to college to later feel like I sounded like a weirdo. LOL.

It's true with girlfriends.  Neighbors.  Friends. 

The little gestures.

The things we get in one another.

Staring across the street at the lights on in the others home wondering if all is well.

Households hold so many pages.  

I'm lucky enough to share the memories with you Erica.

That street that divides us is all we have.

The rest is LOVE.  

We are the givers of LOVE.

And hopefully, peace.

Lots of peace.

Happy weekend friends. Nother' long week behind us!


Go spread love.  Compliments.  Kindness.  And peace.



Most of all, try to smile.  Even if you're feeling shattered in a million pieces.  Get up and get yourself together.  Take a shower, put on some good pretty lotion, some chapstick or gloss, and get that smile on.  Just try.

"Life is tough, but so are you"

Last weekend of June. Can you believe that?

Love,

Lisa Lynn



No comments: