Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Technology

Something happened a couple of weekends ago. 



Father's Day Weekend to be exact. 

It was a Thursday night and Bill was at his dads, as I laid in bed on my ever-so-famous-I-Pad, doodling around like we all do...from Instagram, to Facebook, to some of my favorite blogger sites, etc.  When all of the sudden the Apple Logo popped up, my screen went black, and my whole iPad just shut down.  So, no biggy here, I turn it back on..and it says "Deactivation Mode" please enter your original Apple ID.  AND Password. 

Kris and Kali bought me the iPad back on Mother's Day in 2013.  It has been a most treasured gift. Not for the sake of social media, or the black hole I tend to sink down into when boredom, or cozy-after-work-laying-in-bed moments happen.  That iPad was my life.

You guys.....

I text Kali kinda laughing at first.  I text Kris, I basically went into a mini-meltdown in high hopes to remember the Apple ID ....

Kris set it up back in 2013 and the passwords he used, none of us can remember-
There are small moments for Kris where memory has been completely erased.
When he bought it for me, he went to the Apple Store, set it up, made an email, made an Apple ID and password.  Gonzo.  No recollection. 
All we DO know, is he did buy it in store. 

The next day, this went on all day.  

I was frantic.

That Friday (the day my doctor told me that my hair is falling out because of stress-LOL), Shelley came over, and we both called Apple and TRIED to navigate through their top-notch security, to which no-bueno, they cannot and will not help.  Somehow my Apple ID is lost in no-where land, and to make things even funnier...when Kali was in Italy, our phones linked.

Basically, until I can get Kris and I both into an Apple Store (I loathe stores like that, I double loathe the mall)-  


MY IPAD IS DEAD.


Here's the thing. 

Not only do you accumulate a history with something like this....but you build an archive of pictures. 
Of videos.  Of numerous notes I have from transplant. 
I have notes in there from our cancer journey that I need.

Did I back it up on the I-Cloud? No.

Am I that savvy with those types of things?  No. 

The journey of our City Of Hope and treatment is in there. 

The video of his actual life saving Stem Cells flowing into his body.....are in that thing.

And so there it sits.  On the floor.  Dead.

I have a backup from Bill. One he doesn't use often for business.  And so I still check emails, labs, orders, etc. 


BUT. IT'S. NOT.THE.SAME. 


We have a full weekend coming up again...and so I put off my quest to drag Kris to the Apple store so he can sway them to pry this thing open.  Somehow hack into it. 

Has this ever happened to you?

Another part of me thinks....

Did this happen for a reason?



Is something higher trying to tell me to let go.

To release the old pain.  The many pictures in a battle?

The emails I drafted to family with updates?

IS it time to just let it go?

My cute REAL wood case that I cannot find any longer?

Is it time to let go?




Anyway, thought I'd share this with you. 


Crazy how things happen. 


My week has been filled to the brim, yet again. 



Had dinner with the 6-pack last night.  One that was filled with good stories, lots of laughs, and more wine than we should have on a TUESDAY!  I love you guys!  So much! 
As I said to them all-  We've been friends for 20 years.  Sharing love.  Sharing heartbreak. Sharing loss. Sharing travel. Sharing good food.  Sharing moments that I am forever grateful for. 
Glad we gather...even if it's on a Tuesday!  LOVE!  (and yes we strolled in to a very empty Mother's Bar for some peanuts...because WHY NOT!?)  - Plus we ate next door.  LOL


I hope this midweek is finding you good. Peaceful.  Full of good food.  And mostly, a reminder to get out and enjoy summer. 

I have to remind myself often.  Get out.

And enjoy while we can.


Cheers!


This Mama Lisa

No comments: