Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Nose To The Ground


Often times Bill and I will sit together and reminisce about the moments that literally take all the hard moments away, and put perspective of just how good this life can be.  Sitting on this dock on Parker (Foxes) 4 years ago.  Together. 
The wind.
The sun.
The cool water passing by.

Away.

We can't get away as much as we would like.

Of course we can, but then we have the effect of picking up the pieces when we return.

And so we just keep workin.

Hard. 

And when I say hard, I mean every single waking hour. 

I was scrolling through pictures this morning in search of one for a customer. Of Kris' first car.

And these river pictures came up.

I can just smell the river. If  I close my eyes, I can imagine sitting there next to him eating super salty popcorn, a good stiff drink, and the sound of boats passing.

I can imagine our laughter while we just toss all the worries up into the air....

I always look back on dated pictures and think...oh my god, to think I didn't  know what the fuck was gonna hit us.  

This week has been weird.  

Hard. 

Busy. 

Weird. 

I didn't cook our meals last weekend, (such a sweet Father's Day we had with the kids though).  So we've been eating lunch by the shop (I hate Subway-ew-I hate fast food)  I packed Hummus today, 3 Cutie little tangerine things, some peanuts, and just lame things to get through. 
(my sweet dude brought me a Subway sandwich that had "I think" chicken that looked rubbery-sorry honey, I love you, I no likey Subway)
Back to cookin' this weekend. 

And then you see these pictures.

And it makes you work harder.

It makes you remember the good moments. 




The moments when a house was filled with friends.  The kids.  The kids' friends.  The dog.

The laughter.

The warm summer sun.

The cool pool.

The cold Corona's and super delish Martini's from Cha Bones-

All of it.


I came across this one of us at the YC.  4 years ago girls.  June of 2014.






Moments. 

Day-times, and night-times we can never get back.

And so we try to remind ourselves to look forward to good fun times. 

With friends.

And our birdies.



And just hoping and praying to have the health, and ability to some day step back just a little. 



I hope this midweek is treating you good.  I hope your perspective is looking for the good times again.

I hope you get to put your feet in cold water, and sip a good stiff cup-of-whatever-makes-you-happy.

And that you can chomp on some salty popcorn at Foxes.


Keep pushing kids.  Don't look back.  


Love,

This Mama Lisa


No comments: