Friday, February 2, 2018

And Then The Donor Called. February 2, 2018



Kris sent me a message this morning....


"My donor called me mom"



Kris would receive a message from him at 4:00am this morning.
I scrambled to grab my glasses so I could see the picture.  At first, I thought...wait, is this a scam!?  This guy is so much different than what I expected.  And then I added him on Instagram, and did my Lisa thing and started rollin' out the questions.

You guys.......


YOU GUYS!


By the time I got to my office, I'd received an email from City Of Hope. DKMS (International Donor Society) and a direct one from our coordinator. 

He's 20 years old.   He's German and Sri Lanken. 

His name is: Piranavan Uthayakumar- 
"Pirana"

Although he was in the gym this morning while I chatted with him, he replied back with the most important topics.  He asked how the process was, and I asked him the same. 
He wants to come here....

A forever friendship is now planted.  A seed of HOPE.  A donor across the world from Kris.

Be The Match, DKMS, and all the other donor organizations that operate to help families....

He chuckled and said "my name is very hard, so they call me Pirana"

To which I find so funny.....

A fish. 

For my son. 

So world....meet "Pirana"



May you all have a beautiful weekend....one filled with LOVE, GOOD FOOD, HOPE AND LOTS OF PEACE!


This Mama Lisa

No comments: